All change since I replaced his lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all
I would be grateful for any advice you can give.
Our 2 year old beardie has been in our keep just one week.
His UV lighting was 2 t8 tubes, which I had no idea how old they were.
His heat was an uncontrolled spot bulb as he had no stat.
He glass skimmed and looked full of energy.
That was until I changed to t5 lighting and a dimming stat.
Now he spends all day basking on his branch, shows no interest in coming out and most worrying is not touching his salad or live food.
In one week just one poop.
His cool end is around 26c, basking branch around 105 f, but directly under the lamp closer to 111f
He is happy to be cuddled but makes no attempt to wander.
I'm not sure if the UV bulbs were changed regular as his keepers showed little interest in him towards the end.
All this since I've upgraded his heat and lighting.
Should I be worried?
Thanks
John

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Adult beardies like it cooler. Maybe 105 max. Adults do not poop often. Normal for them not to go for a week or 2. How far away is the uvb light?

Thebluetaurus

Original Poster
Hi destiny
Thanks for the reply.
The viv is 16 inch high, so not too high up. He has the Arcadia slimline luminaire, which I understand is nearly 100% better than his old t8 lighting.
He will be getting s new viv, thought best to get heating and lighting correct first.
He rarely stands directly under the lamp, but all day on his branch, I today tested with a gun and it was 105.
He has not eaten for 2 days now, possibly new home syndrome?
Thanks
John

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They will go through a brief relocation period, when rehomed which can last 1-2 weeks.
Is his beard black or normal colored?
I would definitely get some new UVB lights. You could consider the Reptisun 10 T5 or the Arcadia D3 12% T5 which are High Output bulbs. You would need to get a high output light fixture but they are much stronger than the traditional T8 tube bulbs.
How often do you plan to supplement him with calcium & vitamins?
Do you have any pictures of him?

Tracie

Thebluetaurus

Original Poster
Hi Tracie
Thank u for the reply.
Those are the exact uvb I have got him, the Arcadia 12% desert light in the luminaire.
I feed him calcium every feed, but like I mentioned he has not eaten for 2 or 3 days.
The vitamin supplement I was told just once per week?
His beard is a normal colour, he does not look illl as such its just he does not move from his log all day and won't eat.
Its only our 2nd week with him so maybe I'm panicking too early?
Thanks
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom