Hatchlings not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tater279

I recently had babies hatch out last Friday been four days now and still not eating any suggestions basking spot is 100 cool side 85 uvb 10.0 8 inches

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, what are you offering them and how are you hydrating them ? Most babies take about 2-4 days to begin to eat so they may be just about ready to eat any time now. Hydration is also important, you need to spritz them with water 1-2X daily at least so they can drink the droplets. If you're using crickets, they must be no larger than 1/4 inch for hatchlings....put the crix in a jar or oatmeal container [ not a bag ] with a pinch of calcium powder, shake them up a bit so they are dizzy + slow, then drop them near the babies. Babies can be frightened by large amounts of fast crawling insects but are attracted to slower moving ones.

Can you post pics of them in their set up ?

Tater279

Original Poster
Ok update changed to baby dubias shook them up like you said and got them to eat three each also put them in a small container while eating

Tater279

Original Poster
I have to colonies I'm feeding out of only picking out the smallest babies no longer than the space between the beardies eyes thanks for the help was starting to get worried this is my fifth clutch and the first ones to hatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom