**Update** Adventures of Rocky the Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocky has been with us for just over a month and I think it's safe to say, he's settling in nicely.

I was leaving the house a few days ago and when I went to say "bye" to Rocky, I noticed that his hammock had fallen down. I didn't have time to fix it, so I moved him away from it and left it down; hoping that he wouldn't get back on it. Well...as we all know, our dragons LOVE their hammocks. This is what I found when I returned home, a few hours later:

Rocky, back on his fallen hammock. Using his tail to hold him up.

I decided to remove the hammock altogether for a while. Rocky was having none of that. From that day forward, he has been pooping on his basking spot, right where his hammock had been. And then he lays in it. I think this is an all out "Hammock Protest."

I had to give him a bath to get the poo off his belly and he tried his best to escape.

I want to put paper towels down on his basking spot to make clean up easier, but this guy is terrified of them! He freaks out every time I come near his tank with paper towels in my hand.

I am such a proud beardie mama. I love this guy and can't wait to share more of his adventures.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
BriGecko":1ku7dfay said:
Aw. Love all the pics. How's Rocky doing today?

Thanks for checking in! Rocky is doing well and is full of life, despite his recent diagnosis. The tumor that was removed from his beard turned out to be malignant and very aggressive. Sadly, they weren't able to get all of it. We made the difficult decision not to operate again, as we aren't sure he will survive another surgery. The yellow fungus is showing signs of spreading on his face. :(

We are doing our best to keep him comfortable and enjoy every day we have with him.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Rocky's Summer Vacation - Part 1

Home Away from Home

"Where's the ocean view they keep telling me about?"

Lounging on the deck with Mommy

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
When we adopted Rocky 4 months ago, he had a lot of retained shed. He is finally getting the old skin off. When I came home from work today, this is what I found. Someone had a busy day!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, he is looking great ! I'm sorry about the diagnosis, no one wants to hear that a tumor is malignant. :( He still looks happy + healthy despite his serious health problems. You are giving him the best life he could possibly have, if there was a beardie bucket list, he is living it out ! :)

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":2hmsoxcd said:
Aw, he is looking great ! I'm sorry about the diagnosis, no one wants to hear that a tumor is malignant. :( He still looks happy + healthy despite his serious health problems. You are giving him the best life he could possibly have, if there was a beardie bucket list, he is living it out ! :)

We are doing our best to help Rocky with his "Beardie Bucket List." He's such a fun, little guy. He seems to be doing really well at the moment. Took him to the vet a couple weeks ago... He was a bit lethargic and acting funny. We thought he was getting ready to check out on us. Oops! He was just going through his "pre-shed" rituals. Vet said he's doing a great job of keeping his weight up and his appetite is as big as ever. Praying for as much time as possible with this guy.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
I love his sleeping blanket/pillow. Is that from etsy? Pampered Beardies?

I have the same play pen for my girl for travelling, but I like how you set yours up better. I think I might need a light stand just for extra heat.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SpacialCoogs":1v053l3s said:
I love his sleeping blanket/pillow. Is that from etsy? Pampered Beardies?

I have the same play pen for my girl for travelling, but I like how you set yours up better. I think I might need a light stand just for extra heat.

I bought the blanket on Etsy, but I honestly can't remember which shop.

As for the traveling pen, it does its job. My only complaint is that it doesn't hold much heat due to the mesh sides. I have to lower the heat lamp quite a bit to keep the temps up. He seems to like it, so I guess that's all that counts. :)

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Rocky and I are planning our Olympic viewing schedule for the week.

First up - the Dressage phase of Eventing (mommy's FAVORITE).

Go Team USA! ~ Phillip Dutton, Boyd Martin, Lauren Kieffer, and Clark Montgomery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom