May be an overreaction- 2 week hatchling ate paper towel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigresssnow

Hatchling Member
I had walked into the room to remove crix after a feed (about half an hour ago) and saw a baby who had half a cricket sticking out and it was fighting with paper towel. I could not get it to let go and it tore a piece about the size of it's mouth. Is this a big worry? Thank you in advance. I'm just worried.

vulcan2016

Hatchling Member
I wouldn'tworry much. IIt'snot great that he did that but iit'snot terrible either. Offer plenty of fluids and other things to prevent impaction

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It should be fine, I wouldn't separate it because that could cause a bit of stress in itself [ being moved ]

Tigresssnow

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok thank you. It happened to a pretty distinguished baby so it won't be a problem keeping an eye on the goofball. While you're here AHBD, that egg unfortunately went bad, and the baby was fully formed with no distinguishable deformities. Buried the little guy yesterday night. Was so heartbreaking. I should be used to it as two full term Leo eggs went bad on me and one was normal but. May take a few years. :(

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, sorry that the last baby didn't make it. :( It's always sad when a baby doesn't have a chance to live it's life.

Tigresssnow

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It is, I try to remember that even though it looked healthy there was a reason it didn't make it and had it hatched it's life could have been hard and short. :)
The hatchling in question that wrestled with the paper towel is doing fine so far. Ate a bit more at the last feeding and just looks more full then everyone else :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom