Stopped eating Is acting strange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings! I am Jasper the Beardies owner! I dont know whats wrong with him.All i have is some photos and discribing his weird behavior.
87732-7758087571.jpg
87732-8991249534.jpg
87732-9202407137.jpg
He stopped eating and He usually spends most of his time on the cooler side of his basking spot. Someone please Help!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry your dragon is not eating right now.
Can you run over your tank setup with us, such as the type & brand of UVB, supplementation schedule, as well as the temperatures, too?
What sized tank do you have him in currently?
You haven't had Jasper for very long then? He looks pretty young in the pictures.
Also, please review the foods you are offering him, too.

Tracie

JasperTheBeardie

Original Poster
He lives in 15 gallon terrieum.He gets calcuim 2 times a week.I use a Zoo Med 10 watt uvb bulb and a 100 watt uva heat and basking bulb It stays about 95-100 degrees.Also Jasper turned 2 months on monday hes pretty young :D And he eats crickets sometimes and Dubia roaches (there baby ones)

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. How are you taking the temps? Is the uvb a coil/compact? Or tube? A 100 watt seems like a lot for a small tank. I use a 75 watt in my 40 gallon.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
What kinds of thermometers are you using. If its those round stick on those are very inaccurate. You need to get a temp gun or a digital with a wire probe so you know the temps on the basking spot. Also nix that coil uvb. Those cause lethargy, appetite and eye problems. He needs a reptisun 10.0 Tube uvb light.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Breardies can go a couple of weeks without. Is it nice where you live? If so you can take him outside and let him sit on your lap to get some real sun. The best uvb source.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
He needs calcium with D3 5x a week and vitamins 2x a week. Also you should get him a bigger enclosure. Petco has a dollar a gallon sale. Those small tanks are really not very good as it's hard to get the correct temps and lighting set up. I'm glad you bought him the reptisun 10.0 tube. Hopefully that will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom