What morph and or color variety would you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnycadreamer

From what I can tell this little guy has black striped nails so not quite Hypo, his back is rough so not a leatherback either. On color I'm not sure if he's a Sandfire or some other color variety. I don't normally buy from pet stores but he was a sweetheart and my daughter fell in love. I'm also not sure if sure if color traits present differently at certain ages. We are more curious than anything.
87837-8443049197.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Sunny....it's no specific morph but may be what's considered an orange phase. You'll not really be able to tell until he's nearer adult size what his final color will turn out to be. He is very cute though and looks alert + healthy. :)

sunnycadreamer

Original Poster
Thank you for the input. He's the biggest sweetheart too. I'm a little worried my daughter is holding him too much. He just relaxes with off and on all day.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm sure she can't resist holding the cutie, it's always exciting getting a new pet. :) You do want to be sure that the baby has lots of time in the tank, especially after eating [ at least 2 hours ] in order to digest his meals in the heat of the tank. He needs the uvb exposure in the tank as well.

sunnycadreamer

Original Poster
We are making her keep him in there after eating and for a while in the morning for him to warm up. Our house only gets to 68 at night but, he's chilly when we all get up. Is been hot here in SoCal so she's taking him out for 30 minutes a day of real sunshine too. The picture is him sun bathing. His appetite went down for a few days and really had me worried...he seems to be picking back up now. He's now eating about 10 small crickets a day. A few at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom