Can't find timing suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MostBeast

My little guy currently gets his lights (basking and UVB) turned on around 9 am then off around 10pm. I can't find anything on light timing on this forum. I leave for work around 6:30am so I would love for him to be up at 6 so I could watch him hunt before I leave. What time wouldbedtime be for a 6am wake-up? Thanks for the help!

quyllur

Hatchling Member
Mine are on from 6:30 - 9:30, as I feed twice a day, morning and evening.

14-16 hours is ideal, as it reflects light levels on a summer day.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The actual times really depend more on your schedule and what works best for you than anything. You'll want to provide around 14hrs or so of daylight during the summer and around 10-12 or so during the winter, roughly following the seasons (you don't need to do this, it's just what I do). I set my lights to come on about an hour before I get up to give my guy time to wake up and warm up a bit before breakfast. If you leave at 6:30 I'd probably have the lights come on around 5 and do morning routine starting at around 5:30 or 5:45 perhaps. Then have the lights go off around 6 or 7pm depending on your schedule. That's just a rough guideline though so tweak it and do what works best for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom