Beardie Won't Eat Crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike1992

Hello all,
Today I went to feed Zack some crickets and he would not even go near them. I usually feed him in a separate enclosure from where he stays but he has out grown the feeding tank and can't turn around in it. I tried to feed him in his main enclosure and he wouldn't eat. I moved him back the feeding tank and he still wouldn't eat. He has never refused food before so I don't know what could be wrong unless he didn't like the change. Temps are good so I don't think that's the issue. He also ate 6 or 7 decent sized horn worms 2 days ago. Maybe he's still full?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Probably because he had a taste of hornworms. Some dragons will get picky after they eat a favorite new food.

Mike1992

Original Poster
AHBD":2kpyavcm said:
Probably because he had a taste of hornworms. Some dragons will get picky after they eat a favorite new food.

He eats them all the time. They are definitely his favorite but he has never refused any food

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Depending on the size of the hornworm, a large would can be equal to 30 crickets or a fat medium, 15 crickets so he may very well still be full.

As long as he is acting ok otherwise, I wouldn't be concerned that if he went one or 2 days without eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom