Lethargic Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

slewis

Hi

I've had a beared dragon since November. He was 2 1/2 months ago when I got him. He has been really lethargic since April. I have taken him to the vets several times and all tests have come back clear.

It is normal for them to be so lethargic? He lies most of the day, barely moving. His eating habits have also changed. He only eats every 3-4 days or less. He doesn't poo by himself very often now either, only really when he is in the bath. I bath him once a week.

A little about my setup:
He is in a 4ft x 2ft x 2ft viv. I have a basking ceramic bulb set at 105 degrees on a digital monitor. There are 2 hides and the cooler side is about 80 degrees. I have a water bowl in there. I try to feed him every day on different types of food, but he still eats very infrequently.

He has not really lost much weight though. He rarely spends any time under his basking bulb now.

Is it anything to worry about? Any advice?

Many thanks
Sally

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Does he have a uvb light with a bright white basking light? If he doesn't have a uvb bulb he needs one ASAP. It should be a reptisun 10.0 Tube. Can you post pictures of his set up?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Looks nice. I would definitely put a bright white light bulb with the uvb so when he basks he gets heat and uvb. Just like in their natural habitat. Is that a red light on the other side?

slewis

Original Poster
I've got a ceramic heat bulb 150w and the white UVB bulb. I just to use the red heat bulbs but I was advised that the ceramic were better as they did not give off any light at night.

I am a little worried that the UVB bulb is too short. Do you think it is?

Di you think I should I go back to the red heat bulb?

Would you consider his behaviour normal or is there anything else I can / should do? Thanks

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
slewis":1j8hkf8u said:
I've got a ceramic heat bulb 150w and the white UVB bulb. I just to use the red heat bulbs but I was advised that the ceramic were better as they did not give off any light at night. <<<< CHE for nights ONLY

I am a little worried that the UVB bulb is too short. Do you think it is? <<< is OK , BUT you do need it located near the basking light so he get's his UVA and UVB while basking,

Di you think I should I go back to the red heat bulb? no ..... red heat bulbs are a waste of time for beardies , you are better off replacing the CHE with either an Arcadia 100W or 130W MVB (which will provide UVA , UVB , heat and white light) or a Philips par38 clear colourless incandescent spotty (will provide heat and white light).

Also minimum lights on 14 hours per day.

Would you consider his behaviour normal or is there anything else I can / should do? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom