Broly the new super saiyan beardie

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
BlueDragon09":btf5f24l said:
Hey,

Yup finally got asked to be married. I had another boyfriend before Tom but it didn't work out so we just stayed friends and he has a girlfriend so he's not going to try anything with me. Some ex boyfriends try to get back together but not him. Tom is ok with him being a friend I even met my ex's girlfriend she's very nice she's being the bridesmaid. She comes over and plans stuff before next year.

I can't wait to trade pokemon that'd be awesome! Our vet appointment is tomorrow at 9:30am so he'll just draw blood and that's all. We already have the enzyme stuff which was an additional $19 on top of fees of walking in and examination itself. I'll update when I get home.

I've always had this really weird way of looking at romantic relationships. It helped me through some pretty bad break ups. All relationships go one of two directions- either it ends or you get married and live you're lives together. Sounds morbid, I know, but it makes me more happy that I found a relationship that I want to be in forever. I'm glad you found it too, sometimes it's difficult to find a good guy/girl :) It's nice that you and you're ex are friends. I don't think I'd be able to be friends with most of my exes. I have one, Matt, that I still see all the time, but I can tell he just pretends not to hate me :( He's my fiance's best friend oddly enough... My best friend is his girlfriend... Trust me it's weird and a giant headache.

Good luck with the appointment! I'll keep an eye out for your update :) I've yet to find a very good vet :banghead:

Sorry to go all relationship philosopher on you :oops:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Back from the vet. His AST level is up and it's now 23 which is good. It was 12 before. Kidneys and liver are feeling better I'm sure. My vet has other news...since the test a week ago on his stomach this is genetic, which means he will always and forever need the enzyme. I can still take him out to socialize with me and other people and feed normally just give the enzyme. I guess I will be offering probiotics forever which is fine. My vet figured if it was a troubled thing it would fix itself but that was a week ago and it's the same. I will always be spending $19 if I need the enzyme plus walk in/exam fees. He don't cost much he's a decent guy he charges $25 walk in and $35 exam (includes fecal) and $19 for meds altogether it's $79. So Broly carries the problem from either mom or dad, assuming one of them has stomach issues. Good news: AST lvl 23. Bad news: the enzyme problem is genetic. He also got a bath and it really plumps his fat pads on the head.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yes, baths are really important. During the summer, they all get 3 a week, sometimes more if it's really hot. I try to feed them water, to, in between, sometimes add bee pollen, but that's hard to do when I'm working, so on days off.

My cousin's dog also is on enzymes for her stomach and it's made such a difference in her. She's 8 years old and the previous vet gave her an enzyme that didn't work at all, so they switched vets and found the one that works for her, she's gained 7 lbs (she's a Westland Terrier) and will be forever on this. It's also given her alot more energy, she's back to her old self. So I guess it's not just dragons.

And your vet is awesome for not charging huge amounts for office visits and check ups, what a gem!

I'm glad Broly now has the enzyme he needs to digest, he'll feel better now.

I'm just posting on my thread, if you want to check.

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
I'm glad he's doing better. And sorry to hear it's permanent. At least $79 isn't super expensive. Some vets, especially exotic vets, charge waaaay more.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Yup, it's permanent and sucks oh well. I got him to eat 28 pieces of hand fed collards at least. It was 30 but he kept spitting out those two pieces for whatever reason so I went with it. Going to pet store with Broly, Im not sure how he'll react as he's been in an old washed out cat carrier to the vet and we walked to get Pokemon. Sadly, he can't go to the park with the family to go Pokemon hunting as it's sun down and cold...yep, cold in July at night. We go during the day so Broly gets natural UVB and still back in time to soak up his UVB in the tank. It doesn't get too hot from what I know but he still gets a bath every other day except weekends (so 2 days no bath but takes one Monday morning). He takes a bath only in the morning of bath day and uses the bathroom Fri am then I feed him so he can get back any grams he has lost at least some of them.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Wow, been a week but not a whole lot went on. Broly still the same amd feeding my other animals. I've had to cut calcium from 0.4 down to 0.2ml for three days still hard urates the past two weeks. Not rock hard as I could crush it but with some force. He does bathe every other day (though he doesn't on weekends it's busy here on weekends). Also had to visit a dr for a referral to a foot dr because my ingrown toenail came back (same toe same problem) so they said to grow it out with some warm soaks (it's in too far in my toe) then come back to remove it. I have antibiotics too because it has became infected. Im still getting around and hand feeding spoiled Broly.
I take my meds on time but for some reason...my toe is likely to pus...specially if it gets accidentally hit. Oh well.

Oh yeah, weighed Broly last Thu and he got to 378g though he used the bathroom Fri but Im hoping I worked my way back up there.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
BlueDragon09":dmcbk7y8 said:
Hey,

Wow, been a week but not a whole lot went on. Broly still the same amd feeding my other animals. I've had to cut calcium from 0.4 down to 0.2ml for three days still hard urates the past two weeks. Not rock hard as I could crush it but with some force. He does bathe every other day (though he doesn't on weekends it's busy here on weekends). Also had to visit a dr for a referral to a foot dr because my ingrown toenail came back (same toe same problem) so they said to grow it out with some warm soaks (it's in too far in my toe) then come back to remove it. I have antibiotics too because it has became infected. Im still getting around and hand feeding spoiled Broly.
I take my meds on time but for some reason...my toe is likely to pus...specially if it gets accidentally hit. Oh well.

Oh yeah, weighed Broly last Thu and he got to 378g though he used the bathroom Fri but Im hoping I worked my way back up there.
have you tried only soft foods until they soften? nothing with hard exoskeletons, syringe and chop type foods....oh and my brother had a toe like that and warm salt water baths and packing it once it started growing out was the only thing that fixed the infection and toe nail digging into the space. it sounds painful but he was told to hold it up and place a bit of cotton bandage in the hole. it was finally fixed after him going in for it 4 times.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

His urates are hard because of too much calcium. .4 is too much so I cut to .2 instead. he just has a lot of issues with fluids and his stomach. I give him 2ml of water every day along with baths. He eats a hand fed salad every day..and crickets every 3 days now that he has a good weight. Im giving pheonix worms on Thu. He is inching close to 20" long so happy about that.

About my toe, I already saw the foot dr and they want me to come back when it's ready. Try to do "rest" my toe on fire but Im getting lectures from my mother about how Im not doing my "job" around the house y"know..cat boxes, dishes, trash, sweeping and mopping...I try but walkin is hard on it! My brother even chimed in with "someone isn't doing their job"...really???!!! are you kidding? Lucky the dang cat boxes are good...but I'll empty them tonight anyway. I'm just so pissed they know why and yet they're throwing the "you're not doing anything" card when I told mom why. It's on fire for god sakes...I do salt baths, and an ice pack because it's growing.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
BlueDragon09":oezypc4z said:
Hey,

His urates are hard because of too much calcium. .4 is too much so I cut to .2 instead. he just has a lot of issues with fluids and his stomach. I give him 2ml of water every day along with baths. He eats a hand fed salad every day..and crickets every 3 days now that he has a good weight. Im giving pheonix worms on Thu. He is inching close to 20" long so happy about that.

About my toe, I already saw the foot dr and they want me to come back when it's ready. Try to do "rest" my toe on fire but Im getting lectures from my mother about how Im not doing my "job" around the house y"know..cat boxes, dishes, trash, sweeping and mopping...I try but walkin is hard on it! My brother even chimed in with "someone isn't doing their job"...really???!!! are you kidding? Lucky the dang cat boxes are good...but I'll empty them tonight anyway. I'm just so pissed they know why and yet they're throwing the "you're not doing anything" card when I told mom why. It's on fire for god sakes...I do salt baths, and an ice pack because it's growing.
can you do the dishes while resting your leg on a chair? you might try to get crutches to help with the moving about issue..... i know my brother borrowed mine (im a clutz nuff said) when his started acting up. also try using a chair while doing the cat boxes and such. i know it sucks but i do know how it feels, i came home after being in the hospital after emergency surgery to save my life (appendix burst causing a chain reaction in my body, they were surprised i was conscious and able to move) and not even 2 hours latter my husband started in on the "When are you going to clean the house?" stuff! i was tempted to ask to keep the staples to put in his shoes...... :twisted:
you might try a mint and sage poultice on the toe, if you arent allergic that is. It helps draw out the poison and numb the toe. also drink a tea made from sage and ginger is good to help with swelling. they work with the meds not against them. oh and place gauze between the toe ad the poultice (a thin layer to keep bits of herb out).

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Well still hard urate..I cut calcium and pumped more water in we'll see next Friday what will happen. 3 weeks now Im quite lucky no prolapse but I'm still tryin to fix it and he doesn't seem to push hard either hmm...anyway...my toe is ready and Monday afternoon is the day it comes out. I swear if they throw that "youre not doing anything" I will scream! They stress me out they just don't know.

Broly besides the continous hard/firm urates, hes doing fantastic eating a high number of greens. He did get to 376g this week so I didnt reach 378 or over oh well. I hope I do well this week. After using the bathroom, gotta work hard to get it back up. He still looks good.

I did the tea and the herb therapy you mentioned Beardie, it was good and it did numb it so that was good.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
BlueDragon09":tsyb1ihs said:
Hey,

Well still hard urate..I cut calcium and pumped more water in we'll see next Friday what will happen. 3 weeks now Im quite lucky no prolapse but I'm still tryin to fix it and he doesn't seem to push hard either hmm...anyway...my toe is ready and Monday afternoon is the day it comes out. I swear if they throw that "youre not doing anything" I will scream! They stress me out they just don't know.

Broly besides the continous hard/firm urates, hes doing fantastic eating a high number of greens. He did get to 376g this week so I didnt reach 378 or over oh well. I hope I do well this week. After using the bathroom, gotta work hard to get it back up. He still looks good.

I did the tea and the herb therapy you mentioned Beardie, it was good and it did numb it so that was good.
I hope he feels better soon and he makes a poopy, mine has gone to every other day to make one and when he does he acts like its the end of the world and hes gonna die because it stinks in there!!! :D as for the toe i am glad the things i suggested helped. My brothers doctor keps delaying him so he had to grit it and bare it while he took it out himself...lets hope you dont have to do that, but if you do have to , do it in front of your ever so helpful family members! :D Actually im kidding about that part, my brother has a high pain threashhold and even he nearly passed out...so i would suggest maybe getting another doctor if they wont do anything.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

I got my toenail done and there's a gauze on it and to redress it every other day.

Broly eats as much as he wants just isn't much so Im lucky he goes once a week. I've given bugs, squash and fruit once a week. Squash helped up his weight back to 376g as of Tuesday am.

I have no choice cat box and dishes are my chores I have to get up and move. I can't sit and do them though that'd be great. I have one cat in particular that's just a pain. Shes 4 yo and box trained but she poops on the floor she loves it when i pick it up shes a j e r k and i do have to dump it every few days. Nobody wants to pick up after her or clean the boxes or clean up dishes they make a HUGE mess and dishes are piled...and stuff needs to put away so more walking around with a painful toe. I can't complain if i do i get called lazy I do live with my family they all work and make food I just have to clean it. They love cats we have 4 but I must pick up after them or the house stinks. I also pay rent so it's not too bad I get my phone paid too.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Well he got to 379g yesterday possibly more since i gave squash. He did poop like I thought he would on Friday he's not young anymore. The urate is a bit better I don't have to squeeze very hard for it to smoosh. I had two crix make an escape as I was feeding to Broly but he got 5 anyway. I had one frog, Tony died this morning so I buried her with the fish and other aquatic frogs that had died since in this house. I have Vash, Alucard and Diablo in a vase since we moved out of the other house and took dirt with me from where they lay to rest.

So 15 minute baths throughout the week and 4.2ml of water help Broly pass a better urate. I was concerned about tiny pieces of squash i gave would contribute to hard urates continuing but they didn't.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm glad you got the urate issue under control, Kami, I might have to do the same with Cierra, hers are constantly hard. Castiel, too. Maybe less calcium is the way to go for them,t oo.

So Nathaniel is brumating and now so is Cierra. She still owes me a poop, so Sunday they're both up for baths.

And big news, my son broke up with his girlfriend of 7 years (they were never married) and he's now living with me and seeing his kids as often as he can. Leo is now 3 and Safara is 19 mo, so he spent the day with them yesterday. It's nice to have him here, he's back to being himself, but stressed, but he has a good job, which is easier to get to from here. I told him he could stay here as long as he wants and I'll be renting a stall for his car, the stall beside me is empty and belongs to my neighbour, so will leave him a note on my way out.

We figure Eric will be here for at least 8 months before she's organized in a new place and he can afford to get his own place. Until then the living room is his, he works early so don't see him in the am and I'm home late, so he has a few hours on his own, helps him destress. He doesn't mind all the animals (that was from her). He's fitting right in.

Gabriel is doing well, but we think the aneurysm is leaking. But we knew that was going to happen. Meanwhile, he's got his pretty colours and his beard colours on full every day. Sweetie!
11887-241562916.jpg

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

That's great he broke up with her! I wouldnt stay with a controlling man at all. Any signs of that and Im out, Tom is decent and he isnt controlling so there's a good future. I've read about Tara and Eric many times on your thread. I had a feeling he was stressed because of her. Wow his kids are growing fast. Safara and Broly are the same age LOL I just realized theyre both 19 mo old.

I hope Castiel and Cierra get their urates soft again soon.
Hope Gabriel is taking it easy more now that it's leaking. That's terrible but you're right it's going to do that.

I had to replace my Reptisun 10 T5 tube, it broke so I got my new one in. I'll order more from Amazon since we have Prime and two day free shipping. Get set for 2017 and 2018 and good back up in case too. I had to use 2017 bulb so I'll get more. Broly ate 5 roaches actually ran around his 40 gal to get them. He used to wait but now he runs about. Enjoys sunny days in the window (I know it's not as great as outside but it's the best I got my toe is healing from sugery on the ingrown). I went to the vet to pick up Papain (his enzyme) and paid $19 for it, my vet is a gem for not charging much. I'll bring him and fecal late September (not sure on Broly's sleep pattern yet but going with September) so we can get the all clear to brumate if he chooses to. So will spend $60 this year because I have the enzyme already and we'll do a full exam including bloodwork just to see everything. Oh btw, Broly is starting to fill out more still some wrinkles on his sides but we're working on filling out and hoping 400 or over by winter so he can safety brumate some weight off again if he chooses to.

Gabriel is a very pretty boy love his colors.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom