Vitamins/Minerals for increased clutch size

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnLtd

I am currently getting into breeding bearded dragons. It has been brought to my attention that a breeder that i know has successfully got his dragons to lay a clutch of up to 60 eggs.

After doing research i noticed that there are a few different hormone spikes when the female is gravid opposed to when she is not. Including Plasma Progesterone which in my understanding is what assists in the preparation of the uterus.

Next question... is there any supplements on the market that already boosts the bearded dragons reproductive system?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....every dragon is different [ I know you know ] and it seems that health and genetics play the biggest role. The dragon you mention was probably from the German Giant line [ owned by Kevin Dunne, written about in the bearded dragon manual as well as recorded in the Vivarium magazine, [ special bearded dragon issue, vol.7,# 6 ] If that's the one you mean, then that was a German Giant. I don't think there are any beardies today that can lay that many in one clutch. I had a female that laid 9 clutches in one season, all were over 30 eggs. The G.G. bloodlines have been diluted so there are females descended from them that lay larger clutches, so in general large [ not necessarily fat or obese ] dragons will lay large clutches. After 4 yrs. of age the clutch size seems to decrease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom