Old Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is turning 11!

She saw vet about two months ago that said she was doing awesome.

Noticed she is looking a bit bloated. Last massive poop was two or three days ago. She has had no diet change and just took a nice warm bath. Any suggestions to help her poop naturally if she doesn't overnight? I'm leaving on vacation and would love to my best to keep her solid for the dragon-sitter!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Congratulations on an 11 year old dragon! :D
Do you have any idea as to why she may be bloated? What types of foods are you feeding her & how often do you supplement her with calcium & vitamins?
You can run over your tank setup with us, just to be sure it's all correct. Though, it can't be too off, with her turning 11.
Some foods to help would be canned pumpkin or unsweetened apple sauce mixed with a drop or two of olive or coconut oil. That usually helps things along for them.
Do you have any pictures of her?

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, that is a good old age for your beardie, you must be taking great care of her. :) The natural " laxatives" that Drache613 mentioned usually work very well. Still, adult beardies don't always poo every , sometimes only once a week, so it's not unusual. If she has eaten something different or a larger than usual amount that might account for the bloated look.

I would reccomend a liquid based diet if you are that worried, such as canned pumpkin, unsweetened apple sauce, stage one baby food (squash and chicken are best) and even a slurry of some veggies, maybe a warmer than average Bath and a nice belly massage on the lower right side

Meggaloo87

Original Poster
Yes she is an old lady. How much olive oil should I give? I'll give her until tomorrow. She's eating just fine though, I'm just worried!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You wont need much olive or coconut oil, just a few drops really, added to some softer foods. That should really help her out.
You could even lay her on a heating pad, set on low, overnight, to help out her system, too.
I am happy she has reached 11! :D
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom