when to feed live food

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a male bearded dragon. He is 3 years old, weighs 3.45 lbs, and is 18.50 inches long. I had him looked at to make sure he was not still underweight and to make sure he was in good condition. he was not underweight and he was in good condition. I want to take good care of my dragon and keep him in good health. I asked the doctor when I should feed live food and veggies and greens, he told me to feed them together.

I want to know if I should feed my dragon live food in the morning when I also give him his greens and veggies or if I should feed my dragon live food at night before i switch his lights and only give him greens and veggies in the morning?

i know since my dragon is older he will eat more greens and veggies and less live food, so i only need to feed the live food about twice a week.

ruben0311

Juvie Member
I would definitely not feed the live before he goes to bed, reason being he will not have a good time frame to bask and digest the food if it is later in the evening. I will only give live food in the morning or afternoon when he has at least a good 2-3 hours of heat left. veggies in the morning and throughout the day is a good idea.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Rex my 4 yr old girl gets some medium - large crickets and sometimes a mix of crickets and superworms , and if I have them some large silkworms daily , one live insect meal per day, in the morning .
She also has greens and salad in her tank all day too.

She LUVs her crickets and her superworms , and is indifferent to the silkworms , unlike Puff who adored his silkworms and would make the disappear in a flash.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....I think you're mistaken on the weight, 3.45 lbs.that would be 1,500 grams which is about 3 X what a 18" dragon would weigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom