Crooked toes

Status
Not open for further replies.

svtvenom

Hi I have a year old beardie and he seems to have crooked back toes and now his front toes are starting to be crooked. I give him calcium supplements and he has a 10.0 reptisun.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Well you need to go to a herp vet and get blood work done to confirm he has gout. He needs his uric acid levels check. And if he has gout they will perscribe meds that he will need for the rest of his life. You can give him some black cherry juice extract along with the meds that should help. That's how my Daizys toes loked at first then her hands and joints become very swollen. So I didn't catch it in time, but hopefully you did.

svtvenom

Original Poster
Did this happen because he won't eat greens? He never wants to eat any vegetables. Can I chopped them up into a slurry and like feed him with a syringe?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Yeah if they eat to much protein yes they can develop gout. I cut down live feeders to 3x a week and not very many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom