CHE Ceramic adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrbear

So I ordered a 150 watt clamp lamp with reflector off of amazon for my CHE. I didn't realize it was a plastic socket and not ceramic.

My question is; can I buy a screw in cermaic socket adapter from home depot for a couple bucks and screw it into the plastic one? Or will it still melt the plastic? You'd think a heat clamp lamp with a reflector would come standard with a ceramic socket!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You might be able to replace the socket with a ceramic one. The clamp lamps I use have sockets that can just unscrew and come off of the fixture. I wouldn't take a chance with a CHE because they can get so hot. A heat projector bulb wouldn't get as hot and would likely be fine in that fixture.

OK I got 2 basking lights both are 100 watts and it only gets to 90 degrees and I got a baby one so it needs to be 100 degrees on the hot side should I just get a 150 watt light and see if it works good on a 40 gallon tank.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Firesilverblade":2xee14h6 said:
OK I got 2 basking lights both are 100 watts and it only gets to 90 degrees and I got a baby one so it needs to be 100 degrees on the hot side should I just get a 150 watt light and see if it works good on a 40 gallon tank.
With a 40 gallon tank, you shouldn't need to use two 100 watt bulbs, in fact, 100 watts should be enough or maybe even too hot.

Are you using either a temperature gun or digital thermometer with a long wire & probe end to check the temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom