fake plants/decorations

Status
Not open for further replies.

jroc2015

hello all
my little dude is now a year and a bit old but still LOVES climbing. Everytime I put these fake cactus plants in he feels the need to jump on/off them and they end up tipping over and than I have to go in and fix it, every time. SO, I'm looking for ways that I could potentially secure these to the bottom of the tank. I also don't want them permanently stuck because I like to change up the decorations every now and again... so anything that would last a decent amount of time, or that I can take on and off.

Thanks!

vulcan2016

Hatchling Member
it sounds like they are a bit top heavy is there a hole in the bottom that you could fill the bottom with sand or something and then seal it off with some hot glue or silicone maybe?

jroc2015

Original Poster
hmmm that could work! they are just the normal desert plants that I believe exo terra makes. Thank you!

vulcan2016

Hatchling Member
No problem you will want to make sure that the glue or silicone is completely cured and if you go with silicone you want to get one that does not have the antimildew chemical in it they do make special ones for aaquariums but they are pretty expensive however if you get the special one you will know for sure iit'ssafe

ruben0311

Juvie Member
I had to glue them to small sample linoleum tiles from Home Depot, got some that looked like slate and so it all matches right up. Haha he tried his damnest to knock them over and just ended up sitting on them once he couldnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom