Urgent feeding Advice? Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i have a 5 month old 10 inch lil beardie. :D I was just informed that wax worms are too fatty and can cause fatty liver disease? My local petco constantly is out of their crickets so it's very hard for me to get large batches, and i've been feeding him 5 wax worms a day as a result. I've been told to get pheonix worms but it's 20 dollars for shipping?! :shock: :banghead: So i'm really unsure as what to do at this point for my lil buddy :( Any advice??

Also a cute picture just cause i can :D

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there...your best option is to order large amounts from a company. How many Phoenix worms were you looking to order ? You can get 1,000 -1,500 3/8" crickets shipped for about $35 and they should last you 3-4 weeks if you feed him about 30-40 crix a day.

SmolGirl98

Original Poster
I really only feed as many as i think will fit in its little tummy, or until it looks super fat :lol: usually 10 or 15. Sometimes more if i feed late. How many should i get if thats the amount i usually feed? And pheonix worms maybe 100 like i do the waxworms.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The growing babies can eat a lot, some people feed 50 or more a day [ even 100 believe it or not ] but that's not necessary. If 20 is all he'll eat, that's fine but be sure not to feed too late in the day, they need at least 3 hours to digest a large meal. 1,000 crickets will last you a long time. Some good companies are Ghann's crickets, Armstrong crickets, Millbrook crickets. They all sell crickets, for as little as $12 per 1,000 plus shipping as well as other insects. If you do order, check their guarantees about shipping in this heat.

07yzryder

i know its a month old but my petco was always out of the boxed crickets. I asked and they have 55 gallon trachcans with crickets in the back that they can fill bags with. so if you havent asked might try asking them.

also i ordered from http://www.phoenixworm.com/ shipping is 6.95 for 200 guessing its flat rate as many will fit so many email them, 20 bucks for shipping sounds high unless its bulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom