Pooping questions and black all over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtjlcl

Gonzo (approx. 5 months) has been on a regular pooping schedule since we got him. He poops every early morning after he eats. On Saturday we were taking him on a road trip to see my niece who will be caring for him while we are on vacation and we were waiting until he pooped to leave. It got to be later in the afternoon and we left anyway. He of course pooped on her floor after running around and being held. Yesterday he didn't poop either and I was getting concerned it was a hydration issue even though we bath and spray him regularly. We ended up giving him his bath which he then pooped but it kind of looked like it had a casing over it unless I just never noticed that in his cage. Today is the same thing. Its in the afternoon and he hasn't pooped yet. He is eating his crickets good, but hasn't really ate his greens, etc. since last week. We weigh him regularly and he has not lost weight since he has been sick.

My questions are:
How do you know if his habits are changing or if its due to hydration or impaction?
If they don't poop every day is it an issue (maybe I am worrying for no reason)
Does this change when they are about to shed?

Also, he has been really black all over today. We took him out and gave him a bath and he was really active in it because he hates baths but he still didn't poop. He was still black all over when he went to sleep after his lights went out. Is it normal for a beardie to stay black all over?

Thanks for your help.
87112-9817404942.jpg

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. The older they get the less they go. Not unusual for them as adults to go once a week. Nice looking boy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom