He ate a rock!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rah0226

We were relaxing outside in the sun where he usually likes to chomp at my grass. well I saw him snap at something and he had a rock in his mouth. I tried to get him to spit it out but he swallowed it. it wasn't any bigger than a lima bean and my bearded is about 14 inches long. hes only 5 months old but I'm panicking. he is still active and eating but I'm afraid it will hurt him...

Should I go see a vet or should I just see if he passes it?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....she will probably pass it through. most beardies do. Just keep feeding her as usual but offer some baby food or pureed squash and/or veg. oil. Those are natural laxatives and will help it pass through.

Betty53218

Hatchling Member
My beardie has eaten small rocks. Last summer you had to really keep on eye on him while he was near any. Don't know why, but he was always attracted to them and would eat them off the ground. Little stinker. Thankfully he is over that stage this summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom