My bearded dragon is insane! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MageWoofers

I've made several posts about this and most people say it is because she is gravid. This isn't the case because she has been doing this for about a month. But for the passed couple of days it's getting worse. My dragon will glass surf in her cage, when I let her out, she climbs back in her cage and glass surfs again. I'm losing my mind and I need help. I have come to the conclusion that she is just mental but maybe there is another reason. She is in a 40 gallon with paper towels. I believe her temps are in the 90s on the hot side and around the 70s and 80s on the cool side.

MageWoofers

Original Poster
I don't have them currently, but I use 2 digital thermometers with probes. I set them right on the basking spot and around her hide log in the cool side.

MageWoofers

Original Poster
That still wouldn't explain why she just goes back and forth with scratching in and out of the cage.

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Can you film it and then post the video. Maybe if we see what she is doing we can help more. Are you positive she is not gravid?

MageWoofers

Original Poster
Almost positive she isn't gravid. She has been glass dancing for almost 2 months. Do you think it could have something to do with her tank being on the ground? We have been in a hotel for awhile due to personal situations so she can't be on a table like she normally is. She didn't glass dance as much when she was on a table. But I still can't understand why she jumps in her cage just to scratch back out. Weird.
Here is a video of her:
http://tinypic.com/r/ndo4f7/9
Sorry for the poor quality. Blame Dropbox.
She is a bit calmer in the video but for the passed 3 days she would do it constantly. The only way I could calm her was to turn off her heat light and I would rather not do that.

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Carl
Could she be reacting to her reflection? I could see it clearly in the video - maybe she's freaked out by that 'other' dragon?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She certainly does seem very uneasy and unsettled. Is there any way you could put the tank up higher so it's not right on the floor? I've heard of beardies not liking being down low like that.

It also would be a good idea to have an xray done to see if there are any eggs forming at all, that way you will know for sure.

Have you checked the temps since you have been in the hotel?

How is her appetite, what and how much is she eating daily?

MageWoofers

Original Poster
I can see about getting her tank a bit higher up. I also haven't been able to check the temps since all of the thermometers are packed away. Her appetite consists of a bowl of collard greens and chopped up green beans daily, mealworms every couple of days, and the occasional dried mealworm treat.

Also, it could be possible that she is reacting to her reflection. Is there a way to prevent a reflection?

How long is a bearded dragon gravid? I thought maybe she could be due to some signs she had a month and a half ago (such as pink urates), but she had no interest in her lay box, and I only saw the pink urates twice and they went away.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
NBGwen":1bxzlxjw said:
Could she be reacting to her reflection? I could see it clearly in the video - maybe she's freaked out by that 'other' dragon?

I also think this is the case ..... her behaviour looks normal to me for a dragon who sees another dragon and is curious about it.

I'd try covering the area she sees her reflection in with some paper.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
MageWoofers":w6ck0tjr said:
I can see about getting her tank a bit higher up. I also haven't been able to check the temps since all of the thermometers are packed away. Her appetite consists of a bowl of collard greens and chopped up green beans daily, mealworms every couple of days, and the occasional dried mealworm treat. <<<< I'd set the mealworms aside to use a bribes/treats occasionally.
She'll be better off getting fed large phoenix worms (calcigents/ BSF maggots), large silkworms, medium-large gutload + dusted crickets or roaches as her insect protein.
Similar to mealworms, superworms can be added to the mix as treat.

Also, it could be possible that she is reacting to her reflection. Is there a way to prevent a reflection?

How long is a bearded dragon gravid? I thought maybe she could be due to some signs she had a month and a half ago (such as pink urates), but she had no interest in her lay box, and I only saw the pink urates twice and they went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom