Vision based on movement

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustlovebabies

We have two bearded dragons and our male has recently begun missing his food. He's always been a bit of an aggressive eater. At pretty close to eight months old and just over 14 inches I was wondering if maybe it's normal for the to go through a pubescent stage where they where so excited about eating or aggressive about eating that they miss their food sometimes? Our female has never/does not do this. He runs in almost a zig-zag pattern, stopping at the points to wait on the insect to move again before he runs at it again, but he'll run beside it and then repeat until he's finally at it. Our female is a year old and she always nails whatever she after first time. He has recently bit me but expressed no signs of aggressiveness that I recognized. Mostly wondering if he's just being a hormonal teen or maybe his eyes may be off. Their habitats (two separate) are 18 inches tall 36 inches wide. I have an exo-terra coil uvb and an white zoo-med heat light for day and zoo-med red for night. Basking spot is 105, warm side say 85-90, cool side 70-75 (we use an IF thermometer). Mealworms 2-3 days a week, crickets every we don't do mealworms, calcium dusted insects once or twice a week, reptivite once a week, and shredded collards or turnip greens everyday. Baths once a week. They both get handled mostly once a day, occasionally skipping a day. Oh and basking spot is about 5 inches from both the heat and uvb (although the lights are on the screen). Sorry if I listed too much or too little. I tried to list anything I though may be ask of me.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They get a bit hyper and can be clumsy at times. I don't think it's uncommon to miss food so I wouldn't worry as long as he's trying again and eventually catching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom