Freaked out

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm new to this website. I just got a bearded like three weeks ago but today she did something I've never seen or read about. I take her in our yard just about every day. She gets freaked out by the cars, as we do live on US1 BUT TODAY SHE RAN AROUND ON HER HIND LEGS. like straight up running. it happened right after a huge loud truck went by so I think it scared her and I calmed her down but then when I tried to pick her up to go inside she did it again and she did it at me. Because the action seemed aggressive,as she was on her hind legs her body was huge and puffed up as well as her beard but she wasn't dark like the typical signs of aggression, and she had her mouth open as if she was going to bite me. She calmed down after a few minutes and I brought her inside but I can't seem to find anything but memes on this topic.
87791-4121288080.jpg
This is Stripez BTW.

Betty53218

Hatchling Member
I agree 100%. The poor little thing was scared to death. Probably not a good idea to take her out there again. Find a nice quiet place for her to be outside. Maybe a nearby park.

Minimum3

Hatchling Member
My Dragon did something similar when I would take him outside. While putting them on the grass is fun, it can also be a bit dangerous for your dragon. I decided that I would take his climbing tree out side and put it on the porch close the railing. It would give him a hiding place instead of being out in the open. He would cower down behind the railing when a car would go by. Now, loud truck or not he ignores it. It would also be a good idea to have him/her on your chest when your outside for a couple days as well. You can gain some trust that way. Just cover your Dragon with your hand when a car starts to drive by. Just the body not his/her head. Make sure it can see the car. My dragon now runs to me if something scares him. It's kinda funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom