Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm so sorry to hear that Gabriel has an aneurysm under his lungs. I hope that it'll be reabsorbed by this body and nothing else would happen to him.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thoughts and prayers for Gabriel. Hope his body does something rare and he reabsorbs it.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks everyone, he's been snuggling on my chest for hours now, time to put him to bed and check on the cresties. I'll keep you all informed. So far, his diet doesn't need to be changed, he just has to stay quiet, which he does anyway. And now I know wny. So I'll let him just stay in his tank. I'll put him on the ramp in the am, he won't move once he's there and let him be out for 1/2 hr at the most. I hate that I have to go to work tomorrow until Saturday and Saturday I'll be out all day, but I'll be home all day Sunday and Monday. So glad I took all those Mondays off, that will make me feel better to be home with him.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Well the force feeding of worms is working on Imp, he's now 19" long and 400g! He doesn't like it when I make him eat his worms, but after the first one, he settles down and eats about 12-14 every sitting, which is every other day. I just want him to grow to what he should be!
11887-2256410430.jpg

Gabriel is doing well and my friend Nancy McBride suggested I give him Tumeric, as it has been known to dry up aneurysms. So I'm going to get some tonight and give him a pinch in a bit of butternut squash babyfood, with a bit of bee pollen added to sweeten it up, and see how he likes it. Seems alot of people give their dragons Tumeric for better health.
He was feeling very energetic today, must have been the 2 hours in the sun/shade this am.
11887-3034515982.jpg
]

Snuggling my face!
11887-6550874729.jpg

Nathaniel's reaction to pooping in his tank "MOM GET RID OF THIS NOW"
11887-4208045499.jpg

And then snuggling with me and Gabriel this afternoon, Nathniel is on the right & Gabriel on the left. Nathaniel is much more yellow than Gabriel, just noticed that today.
11887-8425171771.jpg

Nathaniel then got restless and started wandering the bed. I told him he could run around as much as he wanted, as long as he didn't get down OFF the bed "OK Mom, I'll be good, I promise"
11887-8107069619.jpg

Two minutes later, he climbed down the comforter and he was looking at me from the floor. Needless to say he was in his tank a minute later :mrgreen:

Cierra finally pooped, hotter water, pumpkin and massages did the trick. She has the hardest, biggest urates that I've ever seen. Not sure how to get her to poop more often, but will work on that. She eats her food on the ramp these days, when it's her turn to be out.
11887-9645047895.jpg

And I got a picture of her hugging her piggy's leg
11887-4272401580.jpg

Castiel has been shedding for over a month now, both legs came off last couple of days, now beard and under the beard. Now his tummy is crunchy, so guess that is next. He's the only dragon I know that doesn't get grumpy when shedding :D
11887-7461461909.jpg

I hate that my 3 day weekend is already over! I had a great day on Saturday. Gail and Tehya were going to take me glasses shopping. So that am, Gail send me a message to cover over at noon to her place, she had some clothes that she wanted me to try on, as she was purging her closet. Well I got a new wardrobe that morning, 2 big bags full of clothes! I feel so well dressed now. Then we went to Tehya's new apartment, so cute, it's in a building from the 50's with tiny turquoise tiles on the outside of the building, probably built in the 50th but very well kept. Their 1 bedroom is really well set up, the living/dining area is 1 wall of windows with the balcony on the other wall, so very light all day long. They're also on a quiet street, with a big tree outside their window (3rd floor). And while there Gail gave me the other scarf I wanted (Tehya's pictures silk screened). So now I have a scarf with large daffodils and peonies. I have finally figured out how to put it on correctly and it looked great with light green pants and a black top. Then we went for lunch at a Japanese restaurant, my first time, very good food; then to get glasses and I actually bought 2 pairs, burgundy frames and Rayban light pink frames, so glasses for all occasions. They cost less than 1 pair at a different shop. Great deals. Then to make a perfect day even more perfect, Gail bought me a pair of shoes that my orthotics fit into and I've been wearing them ever since, so comfy and a pretty blue So I asked Gail what's up? She said her settlement was so big she had extra to spend & decided to spend some of it on me! Talk about Christmas in July :D

Then Joanne and Sean came over yesterday am and Sean put my new bookcase together. The caretaker in my building is going to come over some time this week and attach it to the wall (included, I just don't have a drill). So then can load it up with all the beardie stuff I've had sitting around and on the couch. Plus room for a 10 gallon tank for my new leopard gecko that will come home when I get the tank sorted. Already have the heater for the one side, learning what they need.

I've been having lots of fun with Bunny and Camilla. Serene still won't have anything to do with me, but she's eating and enjoying the tank, so that's all I can ask for. Bunny still likes to run down the side of the kitchen counter and take off across the dining room floor, so that's her work out when she's out. Camilla is quieter and just walked back and forth on the counter, watching me make their food. She likes to climb me instead.

So I'm off to Joanne's in a minute, then home to clean out the worm bin.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Great pictures! Nice beard on Nathaniel, Broly hasn't done that since spring fever. Still trying to get the 18g back he lost over winter but since he still don't eat a lot it may not happen.

I'm glad Imp gained up to 400g! Good Gabriel is taking it easy. I'd love a new wardrobe I don't have many pants.

By the way, Tom asked me to marry him so Im engaged! We are to marry next summer.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Oh congrats, Kami, you must be so happy! So next year? Wow, that's going to be great. I know you've been seeing each other for awhile, is he in vet school?

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
The pictures are great! I wish I had more pets :( It sounds like you had an awesome day, it's always great to spend the day doing fun things. I was really nice of her to spend some of her settlement on you. Comfy shoes are always worth the money :)

I don't know if you've mentioned any of these people before, but I seem to have become very confused. I know you told me all of the beardies you have, but I'm assuming Bunny, Camilla, and Serene are other pets? Maybe I should read the whole thread...

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
It's ok, you don't have to read the whole thread. Camilla, Serene and Bunny are my crested geckos, I've had Bunny for 4 years, Camilla and Serene are new, I lost my golden gecko Rocco and after awhile I wanted something in his tank, so a friend's son was selling his geckos, so I bought those two and they share Rocco's tank. Bunny has her own tank.

Now I'm getting a leopard gecko in a couple of weeks when I get a new 10 gallon tank for him and whatever else he needs. So there will be pictures of him in the future, too. Full house, but I bought a nice bookcase and his tank will be on there.

I only have room for 5 dragons, but geckos take hardly any space and are fun to play with. Mind you they are nocturnal, so me coming home at 9:30 at night means I can play with them while I make their food.

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Oh, okay! I do remember reading something about geckos. I've never been able to get over their weird eyes, I can't decide if they're cool or creepy. Yeah, I leave for work at 9 pm so I'd never be home when they're awake.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Yes, Tom is in vet school graduating May 2017 and marrying June 2017. I don't know what day yet but will let you know. I'll also be moving to Salem, OR from Portland, OR. I love leos I could never have one, it's too cold in winter and if power is out well...that's a problem as my computer battery back up is hooked up to my bearded dragon's lights and CHE. Im looking forward to your new nocturnal buddy! I hope the new cresties are doing well as Ms Bunny.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I'm so happy for you, Kami, what a great life you'll have, married to a vet!

And yes, the new cresties are doing really well. I weighed Camilla and she's 44g, her sister Serene was 42g (she won't come near me anymore, not sure why) and Bunny is 52 the little fatty LOL So they're all a good weight and haven't lost any, in fact I think Serene has gained from the few times I've seen her. So now I'm off to get them new food.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
sweetiepie9":2h1gwrqb said:
Already have the heater for the one side, learning what they need.

I made a brief care sheet on Leo's Deb, I don't own any but I've researched a bit. :) So exciting your getting one! Glad the others are doing good, hugs to you and Gabriel especially.

PogoLover

Juvie Member
I love the pic of Gabriel and Nathaniel on you. Do they ever have confrontations when they are close like that? I often wonder how Lucky would react to another dragon. He hasn't seen one since he was really small. He doesn't have much of a reaction to the mirror.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
They don't react much to each other when snuggling, Nathaniel got tired of it and started to run around on the bed, didn't last long before he jumped off and ended back in his tank. I can have them around each other 2 by 2 when I'm giving baths and they never bother each other. Only in the living room which is their territory, then the black beards come out in full force :mrgreen: Even Imp is in the Black Beard Brigade now :lol: and his beard is quite impressive. :D

I don't know how Lucky would react to another dragon but I know there would be black beards and bobs and stomps, it's normal and I love to watch the displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom