Long lasting basking bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

yurtle

Hi, I've been using zoo meds "Repti basking spot lamp" for the past year or so. My problem is the bulb only lasts me about a month before it burns out. Can anyone recomend a good basking style bulb that's preferably not too expensive and has a long life span. I use CHE's for my other reptiles but they're mostly all tropical and I've found it hard to get my basking spot to 100° for my BD when I use them. I've also heard of using house style bulbs, but I'm nervous they won't be able to heat my enclosure to the right temp.

quyllur

Hatchling Member
I use a 53 W halogen flood bulb for my 48'x2'x2.5' wooden viv. I can get a basking temperature of 120 F at over 8" away from the surface of the bulb if I want to. Granted it is the heat of summer currently but I still have plenty of room to move up in wattage for the winter.

Got mine from Home Depot. I really think this is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom