Found our Plato, questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Pic didn't show up.
For calcium dusting for 1 lizard, just a tiny pinch to VERY lightly coat the one meal [ say 7-8 crickets. ] For vitamin powder use also a VERY small pinch, nowhere near a 1/4 teaspoon, and that only 1-2X a week. For multiple lizards you could go with closer to a 1/4 teaspoon but def. not for a single lizard.

Water via syringe at least once a week, your guy was found outdoors, is thin and may have been dehydrated for a while. Oral hydration should be offered to all dragons, the thought that they get ALL the moisture needed from food is getting put out there but it's not really correct. I've raised 1,000's of babies, all were well fed on bugs + greens but they still drink every day while small, tapering off to about once every 7-10 days as large juvies to adults. Beardies would drink from dew in the wild, many animals in harsh conditions obtain hydration from plant matter, but not all remain healthy if they don't come upon some type of water/moisture via drinking hole, rain, dew, etc. So offer water at least once a week.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
AHBD":ezdinvnl said:
Pic didn't show up.
For calcium dusting for 1 lizard, just a tiny pinch to VERY lightly coat the one meal [ say 7-8 crickets. ] For vitamin powder use also a VERY small pinch, nowhere near a 1/4 teaspoon, and that only 1-2X a week. For multiple lizards you could go with closer to a 1/4 teaspoon but def. not for a single lizard.

Water via syringe at least once a week, your guy was found outdoors, is thin and may have been dehydrated for a while. Oral hydration should be offered to all dragons, the thought that they get ALL the moisture needed from food is getting put out there but it's not really correct. I've raised 1,000's of babies, all were well fed on bugs + greens but they still drink every day while small, tapering off to about once every 7-10 days as large juvies to adults. Beardies would drink from dew in the wild, many animals in harsh conditions obtain hydration from plant matter, but not all remain healthy if they don't come upon some type of water/moisture via drinking hole, rain, dew, etc. So offer water at least once a week.

^^^ is quite correct.

Prorataed on a daily basis >
my approx. 1/4 tsp becomes 1/4 divided by 3 or 4 so really "a pinch" per day, as only a small amt adheres to the crickets each time.
also when I say 1/4 tsp mixed (about 1:1 ratio of Ca and vitamin powder) , so 1/8 tsp each mixed together , again divided by 3 or 4 so again only "a pinch" per day and as above the coating of mixed dust is quite light.

I'm feeding 3 beardies ( 1 adult, 2 juveniles) , 2 adult BTS.

Prorata as needed.

See http://addapinch.com/cooking-conversion-charts/
1 pinch == 1/6 tsp
1 dash == 1/8 tsp

Water :
My beardies get a regular drink from an eyedropper or spray bottle , one drop at a time , on the snout as needed.
My BTS have a water dish and frequently drink from it.

Mustardriot

Original Poster
AHBD":3vcn8ol8 said:
Pic didn't show up.

I check on him every time I pass his cage, and yesterday he was actively drinking from his small bowl. We took out the large one because he'd deficated in it 3 times so far. Just started using the salad bowl as a water bowl and putting salad on a small plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom