Tengu's great adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!

So, now my BD is 16 months old and she is at 42cm long and 355g. We believe she is fully grown and would like some advice on feeding.

Currently she gets fresh salad every day and 20 L size crickets once a day. Should we now start decreasing the amount of crickets? She LOVES them of course and salad is like a "Do I have to eat it?"

So any advice at the age she is at etc?

Thank you in advance

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you

Thanks for the roach ratio!

Brumation is so weird! It is an amazing thing to see how strong their natural instincts are even though it is hundreds of years of in house breeding and raising but still it is there.

Spoilt Cierra! LOL pissed off black beard!!! hahahahahahahhaa

Cannot wait to see your cresties!! Any luck with the camera?

Tengu is funny at the moment! Talk about spoilt!! Bath, outside sun time, oiled up :lol: :lol: now her shed has come off apart from tail and head! I just gave her a bath and the shed easily came off with gentle toothbrush :) she was kicking it with her leg :lol: :lol: so a little left, I will oil her head and tail. Always stubborn on the tail for some reason.

She is watching me again, it freaks me out that when I am typing to you she watches!!!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
She's a smart beardie and knows what you're doing, amazing how they are, isn't it.

Castiel is shedding his back and belly, has skin hanging off him before I left for work this am but won't let me touch it, he kicks at me if I get my hands close it his shedding skin. :lol:

Nathaniel is slowly shedding his back but his tummy has stuck shed, so will oil him up tomorrow, I'm just too tired to do it tonight.

I found out the problem with my camera, the photo gallery download got wiped out and when I tried to download it again, I keep getting an error message. So I'll be taking my computer in to be fixed, no choice as I can't figure out what's wrong with it. But maybe the techs where I bought it can.

Cierra is definitely making eggs and it's hilarious watching Imp, as he thinks she's HIS woman, he black beards and bobs at her alot :lol: It's fun to watch him. He's to the vet early Sat am, as I think he has parasites again. His poops through the bath water are getting stinkier and he won't eat on his own, plus I'm a bit concerned about his mouth, his tongue is very pale.

I'll let you know what the vet says. Can't believe he's almost 9 mo old already!

Gabriel is still my early bird when it comes to sleeping, they're all up at 6a, that's when their lights go on (timers) but he's always asleep by 13:00. It worries me a bit, so I'll be bringing him to the vet on a Saturday in July, if the vet is in then. The bridge is still a mess during the week, so won't go then. I'll just take him in for a wellness check, plus blood test...always something :roll:

I'm exhausted from just working 4 hours today, didn't sleep well last night either and was falling asleep in my chair even before I left for work. So no working with the cresties tonight. I had them all out for 1/2 hr last night. I let them run all over my kitchen counter in dim light as I can control them there. So Bunny comes out first, then I put her back and bring Selene and Camilla out. Tonight I was just too tired, but I'll get them out again tomorrow night. They'll need new food by then, too.

As soon as I get my computer fixed, I'll post pics of the cresties, k?

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She is smart! Too smart!!

Right now she is basking and loving it :lol: :lol: Soooooooooo much shed came off today, it was peeling off in my hands! The coconut oil/cream is amazing!!

Castiel kicks you !!! :lol: That is funny!! Imp lol hes the man!! Hope all is well at vets!

Gabriel going to bed at 13:00 that's what Tengu was doing as well. Now she doesn't but she did for a while.

looking forward to pics :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I think Gabriel is still on winter slow down, but it's June, so want to find out why he just sleeps. He's out in the am, first one, because he sleeps so early.

Have to give Imp his bath before he poops all over his elephant :lol:

I'll talk to you later, k? Work day!

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Poops all over his elephant!!!! LOL

They really don't care where they do it do they!!

Princess was so alert yesterday!!! Bright yellow all shed off amd scratching the walls to get out.

Also I bought a box yesterday and did the dubia ratio of three females to a male. So I think there is 15 female to 5 male in there now. Leave them and feed them as you said. Other box for tengu is bare so need to order today. Get around 200 probably and maybe put some more into the "adult only" box!

How was work?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Work was ok but tiring, even though I'm feeling better today than I was at the beginning of the week.

I had to leave even earlier today as started at 14:00. Cierra was looking upset, had a black beard, she'd already had her time out, so I picked her up and put her on the chair in the kitchen to supervise me making my lunch/supper for work. She stayed there the whole time, good girl and looked very interested in what I was doing:
11887-7223262931.jpg
11887-5919975471.jpg

And I took a picture of Imp sleeping on his big log last night:
11887-6125787184.jpg
How's that for big and colourful! When he's had his bath and he's warm, his colours just pop, much brighter than in this picture. He's such a pretty boy :D

So they're having to get used to Mom not being around much during the week. Instead of 2 hours out a day each, they're getting not even an hour out & next week when I'm full time, about 1/2 hr each. But at least I've taken every Monday off (vacation time) in July and August, so I'm looking forward to continuous 4 day weeks. And then only every 2nd week will be 4 days but that's still better than full-time.

I see my doc on July 20th, I need to know why I'm so fatigued all the time. There's definitely something wrong and need to get to the bottom. I got in trouble being off this time around, because I had surgery in September, so was already off Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan of the new year (our year at work starts Nov 1) So haven't had much to guage me on for year end...got a good talking to by my manager (as if I was 2 years old, imagine, being 60, I didn't appreciate it, retirement can't get here fast enough) so have been careful to not say a word at meetings and stay on the phone without talking to anyone...I'm starting to hate my job but it's mainly because there's something very wrong with my health. I'm going to talk to my doc about going on long term for awhile but I need to be very sick. The osteoarthritis I have is getting worse, my diabetes is getting worse & harder to control and then there the fibromyalgia that has an awful fatigue all on it's own.

I'm going to start going to the gym on Sundays starting next week, I've been on medical from them but will stop that. Maybe going to the gym and doing light exercise every week will help. I just don't know what to do, I take lots of vitamins to help, echinacea (that has helped alot) and fish oil but it's not helping as much as I need it to. 11 hour days (8 hours working, 3 hours travelling) doesn't help either...whine...whine...whine :lol:

So I can finally post pics of my cresties, Selene is the lighter one and Camilla is the darker red. I have to go feed them, so here are the pics.
11887-7166991229.jpg
11887-4424640206.jpg
And their set up for now:
11887-7692672503.jpg

I have to get more greenery in, that's on Sunday and my friend is helping me get a biodegradable substrate (dirt, plus cleaner bugs) to keep the tank moister and not have to clean up the bottom ever. Everything else will stay in place. I'll post when I'm finished it.

Give Princess a snuggle for us and I'll talk to you soon!

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Cierra is so cute!

A good talking to! :) :lol: :lol: made me feel 2 years old just reading it lol I hate bosses. I don't work for anyone and sure its not easy but I would rather less cash than a boss. In Japan especially as we (foreigners) are very dispensable! Never used to be but now Japan is flooded with us now so its gone all wrong. When the monster quake hit over a million of us left and the government were panicking because no teachers! So when we are here they hate us and when we aren't here they panic.

Ahhhhhhhhhh the gym will be good but hard work starting! My shoulder is so much better now, still pinches on certain movments but so much better. Got a bit lazy with my roller foam so my jaw is tight again because of my back being tight. So there is my moan! :lol: :lol:

Tengu is CRAZY today and other days!!!!!!! BRIGHT yellow and wants out 100% of the time!!!! Climbing the walls, poops everyday which is good I guess and eats 95% salad. I think she is really in her prime now and its nice but I worry about not enough UV. She goes outside pretty much everyday for at least 15 minutes and has at least 7 hours UV in the tank. I really need to get that all in one lamp but just cant afford it right now. Dam UK left the UE so the exchange rate dropped so hard it was crazy!

Cresties are cute! I want to see their face :)

Saw a house today that is possible. You wouldn't believe how hard it is........... ergh and silly me is just thinking about Tengus new tank and where the sun spot will be :D

Talk soon! OH got my direct mail from Canon! very cool!

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
One more thing LOL

Dubia coming today :) I wanted to check with you how many can I put together for breading?

Currently have 20 (5 male, 15 female) in a box.

Size hmmmm can't think without measuring but not big.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It's hard to show their faces because being up at night the flash goes off, but I'll try.

Imp went to the vet today and is parasite free! I'm so glad. Gabriel has been very inactive and sleepy lately, so he's to the vet next Saturday am. I bought the carnivore and critical care to make the mix for Imp and left them at the vet, so won't get back until next Saturday as at work all week full time.

And my manager sat with me yesterday and listened to my calls and was VERY pleased that all went well. So guess I'm in her good books again. She's really a very nice woman and very positive, so it was surprising but then she has a boss that she answers to and I haven't been at work much this year. Off Oct, Nov, Dec, p/t Jan and Feb, not f/t until end Feb, then only Mar and April and back off May & June...and our year end is Oct 31! So will do my best to handle all calls as well as I did this past week. Quick and efficient.

At least I have every Monday off in July and August, so having 8 weeks of 4 day weeks will also help me alot. And having 8 long weekends won't be difficult to handle either :lol:

I went to the chiro today and she realized that the pain in my back is because I had vertebrae out, so she did a great adjustment and my back is much less painful. Going to the gym will strengthen my muscles after almost a year of inactivity, so this will also help. I had the option of going to yoga, but expensive and would take my whole Saturday am. This way, gym is paid monthly anyway at a very low price and I can go anything 7 days a week, for as long as I want. So that's a bonus. I've been a member of my gym for 8 years now, I'll be glad to go back.

I'm starting to cough again, not sure what's up with that, but it seems to wait until I get home from work and on weekends and not often, so won't worry about it. I see my doc again on July 20, so will talk to her then about it all.

So my nieces (Emily is 14 and Carly is 12) have decided on 4 movies this summer, so looks like we're going for the next 2 Sundays or maybe Saturdays if Emily is done working (she's a horseback rider since she was 8 yrs old and works off lessons and competition prices). We'll see how it goes...they're so much fun to be with and it gives my brother a break. Emily lives with him now (she was bullied by her whacko mom) and Carly lives with her mom but is with Richard (my brother, he's divorced) on Friday nights until Saturday night when she goes home. Anyway, we'll see how that all goes.

So it's been a nice weekend so far. I put Imp out before I left for the chiro at 11:30a and got home at 20:00 and he was still on the ramp but getting sleepy. I don't think he moved all day :lol:

So take care, give Princess an extra snuggle, k? And I'll bet she'd LOVE to be a free roam dragon :lol: Kidding :wink:

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Greedy, greedy roaches!!!

I put the new one in their big box while all adults are in breeding box and I checked this morning and three jellies gone in 12 hours!!!

A little shocked I must say! Saying that there is 224 of them still growing to adult size so I guess it's normal.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yes, roaches love to eat. Put greens in, too, whatever Princess eats. I feed mine roach chow (so that must be like the roach jelly you're taking about, nutrition plus water) and water crystals, then lots of greens. I have to change then out every 2 days. Plus I put 1/2 orange in each tank, the males love oranges. I have to change them out tonight, didn't have a chance earlier today.

So the roach guy stood me up, then got mad at me because I called him on it. Then he blocked me. So a friend is going to try to get some from him next weekend. What a rude ***** this guy was. Told me I could come over today, then told me, when I didn't hear from him that he "had a life, doesn't live to sell bugs" and blocked me when I complained on not hearing from him. Jeez, I have a life, too, and only have weekends to get everything done before starting full time work tomorrow...hopefully my friend gets through to him and can get some next weekend. Will do Imp good, he won't eat superworms anymore (I guess those are like your honey worms) and won't eat crickets...no other bugs available over here but hornworms and they cost ALOT, more than I can afford if he decides he likes them. Not sure in Japanese yen, but in Canadian $, they're $1.79 each bug! So I've been having to fed him the superworms, like it or not as it's the only bug I have right now.

The weekend has gone way too fast and I'm getting ready for bed, but I'll check in with you tomorrow when I get home.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
They do love to eat!! :shock: :shock:

Saying that so does princess!! She loves to go traveling in the car! LOL today I out her outside in the sun on walls so I could get a shot of her and she loved it :lol: also on the dashboard of the car and on my knee. Loves looking out the window etc. I will put her in the trolley soon and see what she does. Like I said they have pet sheet for cats and dogs in the trolleys here

That guy sounds like a first class F@@@@@@@@@@ I would of snapped like old rope!

1.79 a bug!!! that's around 149 yen. Crazy price!!

I am so happy tengu loves dubia! No more stinky crickets that are so annoying!!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm glad I'm done with crickets, too. My cresties are all eating Grubs 'n fruit from Repashy, so I'm glad about that, too.

I'm thinking about getting some Grub Pie for Imp, he's not eating hardly at all anymore. I did get the stuff for the mix on the weekend and forgot the bag at the vet's! So will pick it up on Saturday, guess I'll still to what he really loves. I left him out all day on the ramp (changed the bulb to the 80W I had) and he never even moved LOL So I guess he's the one I'll leave out, he'll get lots of good UVB and I'll just feed him bugs in the am. And yes, crazy prices for hornworms!

My friend Joanne sent this ***** guy a message that she wants roaches and I posted on the Buy and sell again to see if I can find anyone else. He was so rude to me. telling me to come at a certain time, never sending me his address and then telling me he has a life. Like I don't? So we'll see if Joanne gets anywhere with him LOL

I would have loved to pick up a few hundred roaches yesterday for Imp. I hate that they're illegal in Canada, as I know he'd do really well eating them. Oh well, will keep looking...

So first day at work was awful, kept falling asleep because I kept waking up last night, so hopefully I'll get a good night's sleep tonight and feel better tomorrow. At least I have a 4 day weekend this weekend, can't wait!

So give Princess snuggles for us, k? I'm so glad she's getting outside so much. Cierra spent 1 1/2 hrs on the balcony this am, then it was Castiel's turn. Having only 3 hours to get 5 beardies outside time is definitely a challenge LOL. Tomorrow Gabriel and Nathaniel get sunshine time and the next day Imp gets outside time with Cierra again. I have to alternate them as I can't get them all outside, but the ones that don't go out, get more ramp time instead.

I just do what I can, that's all we can do...

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
IMP :lol: :lol: they are so unpredictable right!!

Dubia are Illegal in Canada, really?? :shock: :shock: why??

I have my adults only and big box of m-l size going on now and I spotted a few babies in the adult only box. They dont seem to be eating their jelly though.... the m-l ones are chowing down the jelly!!!

Oh, there it is, as soon as I start typing to you she is at the glass giving me the eye!!

Sorry to hear about work :( hope you get better soon!

You are lucky having a balcony to let them roam. Tengu would love to have a roam but not here. She will have to wait! I also cannot get a leash for her anywhere!! It is so weird!! Loads for dogs and cats and rabbits but no ferret ones and definitively no lizard ones. I think I will you tube how to make one!!!

Last night I wanted a snuggle so as it was nearly sleep time for her i put her on my stomach and put a fleece over her and she bobbed her head around for 10 seconds and suddenly it was quiet! I had a sneaky look and she had put her nose against me and fast asleep! It was soooooooooooo cute!!! 100% trust! saying that she was less then pleased when I put her back in her tank!! :lol: :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Have no idea why they're illegal in Canada. Dubia won't run away and sure won't start a colony anywhere far from where their original colony is. I've never had a roach scurry to get OUT of my apartment, only crickets do that. Roaches find a place hide under and stay there until they die. So have no idea why Agriculture Canada thinks their a thread LOL But have to deal with it. I just can't wait until the babies I have actually grow. I also posted in a buy and sell site for special feeders, so hoping someone will answer me.

Awww, she fell asleep on you, I'll just bet she didn't like being moved. I think she would free roam if she could. Mine would, too, well difficult to do when I have 5 that don't get along LOL. And they really do love being outside on the balcony but only in the early morning when the sun isn't too hot yet. Some dragons love the heat, mine don't, they're all cool weather dragons :roll: I had to actually change their UVB bulbs to 80W as 100W was too hot for them...only Imp like heat, he'll sit outside for hours. The other will sit for 20 min, then they just want to explore. On weekends I let them as I have time to have them outside, but not when I'm not home...at least this weekend is a 4 day weekend for me, so lots of outside time for them all.

So Cierra definitely has eggs, not sure when she'll want to lay, I'm hoping this weekend, we'll see.

Today was much better at work, didn't fall asleep once, so it was just a bad night's sleep on Sunday that caused me to be so tired yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom