Bearded dragon eye is shut. pictures included, what is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamiam214

Tiny has been acting hyper, not eating and has been shutting her right eye. I have attached a photo of her normal other eye and the one that is bothering her. I can see a white spot in the top left corner that looks a bit swollen, any ideas what this could be?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Pam....I don't see anything wrong in the pictures. As for her activity level, some females act that way when they're carrying eggs. Has she ever laid eggs before ?

Pamiam214

Original Poster
AHBD":1il9qwgb said:
Hi Pam....I don't see anything wrong in the pictures. As for her activity level, some females act that way when they're carrying eggs. Has she ever laid eggs before ?

She hasn't! I thought the same exact thing. She is five and a half and has never laid any. What are the chances she could be carrying them for the first time?
Thanks for your response, and I might just being a worry wart =)

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
I couldn't get the pictures to work...
But your dragon could lay the eggs for the first time even at 5 y/o.
If your dragon has never been brumated it is doubtful she would lay eggs. A brumation period is actually healthy for them, so you may want to consider lowering the temps for about 1.5 months in the winter. You want to simulate natural conditions in a captive environment to keep your reptile healthy. If she doesn't mate she will have infertile eggs. But this is how nature works. Remember reptiles have been around since the dinosaurs have walked the planet. Its worked this way for a LONG time ;)

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
I have a male dragon who favors shutting one eye, and has so since I got him in December. It is just his thing to do but I did take him to the vet for a wellness exam to make sure he was okay.

My female dragon slacked off on eating and started digging in corners so I also took her to the vet for xray or sonogram to see if she had eggs, rather than worrying her and wondering. She didn't.

Sometimes it turns out to be just one of those things.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
How's things going with your dragon?
Since I mentioned a brumation period you'll probably be amazed at how I brumated my gila monsters and beaded lizards. November 1st I turn off the heat and lights. I let the reptile room temp drop down to 50°F. I turn on lights and heat again march 1st. During brumation I just check to make sure they are breathing every day.
Don't do it that way for bearded dragons ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom