Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Your tank setup looks good. The tube bulb, is it a Reptisun or an Arcadia?
The tube bulb, it doesn't have a reflector around it correct? The UVB would be better directed if you had a fixture over it so it would be directed more downward.
Overall it is functional, bright & decorative. Your dragon looks pretty content there basking.
What are you using to measure the temperatures?

Tracie

ZLantz18

Original Poster
Thanks for responding!

It's a Reptisun. And no, it does not have a reflector. I was using 3m hooks that seemed to tilt the bulb upward, so I decided to just use adhesive velcro. It's facing level now instead of upward. I just bought a Walmart under-the-counter fixture to use and removed the cover. The reflector I was using previously was sitting on top of the screen and I didn't want to lose any UVB so I just mounted it on the interior.

I'm currently using a infrared thermometer.

ZLantz18

Original Poster
Also, do you think the UVB light could be too close to the basking spot? The little guy seems to be closing one eye fairly frequently. It's about 10" away, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom