Feeding Too Much??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
I have a 5 1/2 month old beardie and he eats medium Pheonix Worms as staples. He eats around 75-90 a day and a friend of the family who has 2 adult beardies is saying I'm feeding him too much. He's around 10 1/2 inches and weighs 59 grams. He poops everyday and is very active and happy. He's currently shedding and seems pretty happy. The friend of the family says I could get away with just feeding 40 worms and to me that seems like way too little. He also eats collard greens every morning.

86297-1790695498.jpg
Like I said, he's currently shedding so he's looks a little silly haha

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Good looking fellow :D . I'd just keep feeding him 2x a day. If he eats 90 a day thats fine. You can also mix some other feeders with the worms. They need lots of protein since they grow so fast. He'll start slowing down on the eating of protein in a few months and hopefully start eating more veggies.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok thanks! Do you know of any mildly priced feeder worms I can feed along with the Phoenix Worms? My parents refuse to allow bugs like crickets or roaches

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, he's a handsome dragon, I like those colors. :) Have you thought about getting the large Phoenix worms ? He can definitely eat the largest size, and it would save you money. I don't know your financial situation, but I know yoy must be spending a lot of money....larger worms will go further.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes! I'm spending a fortune, about 60$ every 2-3 weeks! I will definitely get large worms next time I order them as I just ordered medium ones the other day. And thank you I also think he is a very handsome boy, I would really like to get another but doubling the expenses is too much. Have to get a job first haha

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Silkworms .... great feeder and suitable as a staple.

Cheap if you buy as eggs that you hatch yourself and then raise to feeder size (in his case about 2 - 3 inches long) , he'd eat 4 - 6 per meal, I'd do one meal silkworms , one meal medium crickets or large phoenix worms , it will take about 3weeks - 1 month for the silkworms to grow to that size.

You can keep some silkworms over to let go to pupa (cocoons) and moths (20 is a good number), more eggs , and these you can hatch some of immediately and put some aside in the fridge to keep for hatching later.
You can raise silkworms entirely on silkworm chow if you don't have access to any mulberry trees for the leaves.

You can keep crickets quite happily in a 20L tub in the bedroom, they wont harm anything and excapees usually just hide.
I put my crickets (I buy in bulk) into old cricket tubs that I clean and recycle / reuse and they go in a box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom