Black patch on beard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vodkitten

Hey,

I got my 2nd bearded dragon, Spyro, about 2 months ago.
I just noticed the last 2 days a weird black patch show up under his chin, at first i thought it might be water on his skin, but it's still there.
He hasn't shed since I got him, he eats and poops very well.
When Spyro has to poop he rubs his head against the glass and surfs it a lot to come out so he can poop on me...So it could be a bruise but I have no idea.
(Yes he is on sand, that has nothing to do with his mark)
xUfXTHR.jpg

7EZp5oR.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....did you feed him anything sticky, any type of liquid supplement or a gooey hornworm ? Anything in or out of his tank that was sticky ? And what type of substrate is he on , also has he been roaming outside possibly in the dirt ? One more thing, have you tried getting at it while he soaks and using a toothbrush ?

Vodkitten

Original Poster
AHBD":1p9mkzx1 said:
Hi there....did you feed him anything sticky, any type of liquid supplement or a gooey hornworm ? Anything in or out of his tank that was sticky ? And what type of substrate is he on , also has he been roaming outside possibly in the dirt ? One more thing, have you tried getting at it while he soaks and using a toothbrush ?

Nope he hasn't had anything sticky, he doesn't go outside or near any dirt, and yeah it's like it's his scales/skin that is black it doesnt come off. I tried washing it with warm water and baby toothbrush.
He's on sand.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Actually I just had a better look and it seems that his beard is shedding in an irregular pattern at the same time that he has a black beard. So the part that is black is the only part that shed....the other part is pale from the skin shed that hasn't come off yet.

Vodkitten

Original Poster
AHBD":21iuqb9z said:
Actually I just had a better look and it seems that his beard is shedding in an irregular pattern at the same time that he has a black beard. So the part that is black is the only part that shed....the other part is pale from the skin shed that hasn't come off yet.

Yeah I was thinking it could be him shedding except that one spot, but he never black beards at me but he might be grumpy because he is shedding.
Thanks for you input :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom