Only the head is not shedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazarus16

Sorry wasn't sure if this was a health question so figured put it here. Laz recently went thru a shed but her head didn't. It's now just a grayish color completely different then the rest of her body. She gets 1-2 baths a day when she is shedding to help it along. For husbandry we use a zoomed basking light 75w and a Reptisun T5 HO 10.0. Her temps are perfect and since it's been warmer the humidity is usually around 30%. We also try spraying her periodically thru day. The gray head has been about 2 weeks with no signs of it starting to come off. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Redleg

Yes, uneven sheds are very common. My new Beardie, Ragnar, seems to like to shed first his tail and four legs, then his body and head. These lizards have been doing this for millions of years; they know what they are doing, crazy as it may seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom