Need any advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

InsaneBunny

I have a three week old bearded dragon from a private seller... The first day it at 4 crickets on its own and now we have to assist feed him (not sure what sex yet but we call it a him)... He will eat wax worms when they r moving in his dish but crickets he won't touch if they r in his aquarium... Veggies he won't touch yet either... Not sure what to do bc we assist feed him twice to three times daily and he eats about 10 crickets a day and that's it...

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Give the wax worms to wild birds. They are lizard junk food.
Good one to avoid while the beardie is little is mealworms - lizard junk food ,though they do love the worms, pupae and beetles.

Best live feeder options are :

Calci-worms = calci-gents = phoenix warms = black soldier fly maggots (but you give heaps per feeding session).
silkworms (for a 3 - 5 week old beardie I'd recommend 1 inch long silkworms).
blow fly maggots (but you'll find they'll pupate and turn into blowflies FAST) , if your hatchling likes them it'll eat LOTS per sitting.
Crickets (gutloaded with high calcium green leafy foods and lizard pellets) and dusted with calcium powder , for a 3 - 5 week old I'd recommend 20 day old - 1/3 sized crickets.
Roaches see crickets.
Termites are eaten by wild beardies , very nutritious.

Three live insect feeds per day for little hatchling like your's is IDEAL , handfeeding will also help develop a strong trusting bond too , try to associate petting and snuggles with the experience if the little guy will sit still long enough.

Here's my thread on Peppa and Toothless : you are welcome to nick some ideas from there. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=221328

If you only just brought your new spikey child home , it's likely it's suffering relocation stress , and will be unsure of it's surrounds , scared , flighty , and off the tucker for a few days to a week. They soon settle in to the new humans, new enclosure, new foods, new sounds, new routine and your's will likely be eating you out of house and home in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom