Unsure about Baths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancalagon

Hello! So I tried bathing my baby beardie (I'm scared of dehydration, since I live in AZ). I used a shallow Tupperware container and water warmed against the side of my wrist. I placed the container on the floor, so if he made a leap, he wouldn't fall.

Then I placed him in and, well, he just froze and closed his eyes like he was sleeping! How do I get coax him to drink and poop like everyone else's????

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Some will some wont, they just close their eyes and think the nasty 5 headed monster and the wet stuff will go away.

Mine go the same spot in their tubs (hatchlings/juvies) and tank (Rex the big girl) to poo and usually tell me they want it gone immediately.

I don't bath my beardies unless it's extremely hot (ie over 40oC) or they have soiled themselves.

Placing droplets of water on their nose will often illicit a licking response as the water is drawn towards the lips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom