55 gallon tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have any pictures of your 55 gallon?
Were you planning on mounting a tube bulb or did you want to use a Mercury vapor bulb with other lighting?
It would depend greatly on how you are planning on organizing the basking platforms & branches in the tank as to how far he should be from the lights also.
There are two types of tube bulbs you can choose from that require different distances & the Mercury vapor bulbs provide various UVB exposures along with heating.
If you want to use a tube bulb with a basking bulb, I would recommend either the Reptisun 10 T5 High Output tube bulb along with a bright white Halogen flood light or a Par 38 basking light. A 55 gallon you could probably get away with 1 75 watt or a 100 watt bulb for basking, at 8-12 inches away. You can mount the T5 bulbs on top of a screen & they are strong enough to go through the screen & still provide good UVB at 8-12 inches. The placement would depend also on whether or not you plan to use a reflector in the tube light fixture, too.
There are many other options too, with other lights. Let us know more details so we can help with planning for you.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom