Freeze dried meal worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belle

I recently received a large bag of Mr. Cluck's freeze dried meal worms. They are high in protein and I am considering them as an alternate food source in place of live crickets. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on this?

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
No. Don't replace the crickets with these. They have 28% fat and that is too high for a dragon. If your dragon is at least 16 inches you can offer them as an occasional snack. Dubia roaches, phoenix worms, silkworms and hornworms are good for dragons, in addition to crickets. Hornworms are good for hydration but I'm not sure about using them as a staple. The others I mentioned can be fed on a routine schedule.

Belle

Original Poster
Thank you both. There is surprisingly little information available online about using them for bearded dragons. I tried to get Oskar to eat a couple but he refused them anyway. He's a pretty big boy, 18 inches and 15.2 ounces as of last week. He's a very hearty eater and I want to get him new things to try but he's pretty satisfied with crickets and salad.
85304-6491072131.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom