My beardie has been showing its blackbeard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend3z

So when I turned on the lights he woke up like he regularly does, but after a while he started to puff his beard and saw it was black. He just started to shed yesterday, does this have something to do with that? He still hasn't really eaten anything, and is now just looking at me (i assume). I tried taking him out but he wanted to go back inside his tank. Just to note hes around 6 months, and i just got him about 1 week ago. Any advice/help would be appreciated.

Edit: He just stopped doing it after like 10 minutes, weird. Still would like to know why he did it or what cause it. :/

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
Sometimes a dragon will black beard if he is ill or stressed/agitated about something. Since the BB went away he was probably just having a moment. I think you said you just got him within the past week so he is still settling in. Also, many dragons will have beards with areas of dark coloration and this is not the same think as BB.

Take a picture if he keeps doing it.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/

Then hit XIMG button to post.

Legend3z

Original Poster
DaisyDragon123":q9qjhjvr said:
Sometimes a dragon will black beard if he is ill or stressed/agitated about something. Since the BB went away he was probably just having a moment. I think you said you just got him within the past week so he is still settling in. Also, many dragons will have beards with areas of dark coloration and this is not the same think as BB.

Take a picture if he keeps doing it.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/

Then hit XIMG button to post.

Alright, hes pretty much calm now, it definitely was black before but he does have dark color on his beard naturally I will put up a picture if he does this again, thanks for your answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom