Feeding juvenile beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet

Hello! Quick question: What do you feed your juvenile beardie?
Mine doesn't like crickets so I am looking for an alternative.
So far he likes Small Dubai roaches and I fed him superworms (which he absolutely loves!) but I heard that it's not a good staple food. The problem with Dubai roaches are that the ones I buy come in a tub of 35 but I heard they can eat 25 in one sitting which seems like a ton! So if you could just tell me what to food him and how much is ideal I would greatly appreciate it...Thanks!
Also he's about 3 months old and 11 inches from the tip of his head down to his tail.

Beardy815

Yea I order Dubia's off amazon actually. First time ordering got 200 and they were gone in a week or so (since I had some crickets left over.) But now I ordered 800 since they will actually last unlike crickets. They are soooo much easier to feed than crickets.

Scarlet

Original Poster
Beardy815":3pey12im said:
Yea I order Dubia's off amazon actually. First time ordering got 200 and they were gone in a week or so (since I had some crickets left over.) But now I ordered 800 since they will actually last unlike crickets. They are soooo much easier to feed than crickets.

Yeah, they certainly seem easier...

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I've used crickets and silkworms.
I've tried blowfly maggots .... pupated before they arrived , the flies were a hit with Peppa and Toothless though when they little hatchlings !
Another good feeder if you cant get them are black soldier fly maggots aka phoenix or calci worms or calcigents.

Peppa and Toothless are both currently 7 months old and classified as juveniles now , and each polishing off 30 x 2/3 sized crickets per day (split into 2 feeds) + buk choi greens and grated carrot and sweet potato daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom