Suppliment confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I'd like to buy some new powdered supplement for my beardie (currently using Nutrobal but I've heard bad things). What do you recommend? I'm confused because I've read to be careful about giving too much D3 when combined with a UBV bulb... :?: :?:

He's currently got a repti-glo bulb, but I've just this hour ordered the Arcadia FD3P24T5 T5 D3+ Reptile Lamp, 24 Watt on Amazon.

Thanks in advance :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member

GeoffreyDragon

Original Poster
You are wonderful, thank you. Ill get them ordered now. I am mistaken, it's repti -boost I use at the moment but I'm always weary of stuff I get from Pet shops these days. I use Nekton MSA for my tortoise and it's amazing, he's thriving on it.

So add the first one, the calcium, to the bugs, and the second to the veggies? He doesn't eat much veggies at the moment, I've read that at his age they usually have 80% live food and 20% veg. No interest in fruit, just greens really like dandelion.

Have you read much about beardies and cat grass? I grow it for the tortoise but am unsure on beardies and haven't seen much on it so won't offer it until I'm sure.

Thank you again :)

L

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The two links were more of an either-or. If he eats his veges then I'd get the plain calcium. If he isn't much of a veg eater, I'd go with the calcium plus lod to ensure he's getting enough vitamins. Either of them are used as a dust on the bugs rather than on veg. As far as the cat grass goes, I'm not sure. lemongrass and wheat grass are OK as part of a varied diet. I think cat grass may be a mixture of several grasses, none of which I believe to be toxic, so it should be OK.

GeoffreyDragon

Original Poster
Thank you. Ahh my new bulb has arrived and the pins on the end are tiny, I don't think it'll fit in my existing mount. I'm not sure where to look for one that will fit, the only one I could find was around £65! Any comparable, but cheaper options? There are no decent pet shops around here for me to look at so it'd be a complete guessing game online shopping.

Thanks!
L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom