Reddish poop (picture)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigresssnow

Hatchling Member
I know red is never good but is this little normal? Let me know if you cannot aee i will take a better pocture if needed
86464-4584161686.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....I can't see it too well but darker urates can indicate dehydration or too much supplementation.

Tigresssnow

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It wasn't a dark irate, they poop off of their basking spot (yay for me) and the urate was up there

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
If you use commercial beardie pellets , maybe also be food dyes used in commercial lizard foods coming out and staining the poo too.

Tigresssnow

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I don't use beardie pellets, I do know the day before I gave them shredded carrot. Is that what did it?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I've never noticed reddish colour in any of my lizards' poos

I offer grated carrot daily with cut up buk choi greens daily to Peppa and Toothless , never noticed any red colour in their poos.

So is hard to say, maybe if your's pigged out on the grated carrot ????

Tigresssnow

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hmm maybe. It was the first time I gave it to them. It hasn't happened since (the red tinged poop) so I'm keeping a close eye and misting them extra in this hot weather (no central AC) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom