Tengu's great adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!

So, now my BD is 16 months old and she is at 42cm long and 355g. We believe she is fully grown and would like some advice on feeding.

Currently she gets fresh salad every day and 20 L size crickets once a day. Should we now start decreasing the amount of crickets? She LOVES them of course and salad is like a "Do I have to eat it?"

So any advice at the age she is at etc?

Thank you in advance

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ah great to know you are getting better!

Cierra again?

"oil them up tonight." That made me laugh a lot :lol: :lol:

This morning I put her straight on the windowsill. No direct sun on it which is a shame but she loves watching the outside. Tengu loves being outside and little road trips :lol: she is a nosy girl!

I believe her tank is a 50 gallon but I have seen the perfect tank for her at the reptile shop. Long, not high, two separate mesh roof parts so one side can be the bulb like you have and the other can be left on for night light. 70 gallon maybe more.

Get well!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
The getting well is going slow but I'll get there.

Sounds great, the new tank, is it wider for her? That would be awesome. When do you think you'll be able to get it? You said you're waiting to buy a house? Will that be soon?

So my crew had a great time running around today. Only Castiel didn't want to be out of his tank, he hid right away, it was weird because he never does that. Cierra had time in her dig box, she gets so dirty because the soil is dry, have to water it down. So she dug for a hour, then I saw her just hanging out of it trying to get out. So gave her a bath & then she watched TV for quite awhile. I figured she deserved the time out for working so hard. She'll probably dig for a few more days before she starts laying the eggs.

So Princess has decided she wants out more often. I'm glad she gets sunshine time, so good for her!

I got some pictures of Imp on his Ella the elephant stuffie, he's bigger than she is almost.
11887-43187282.jpg
11887-6106589008.jpg

And what Cierra looks after digging for an hour:
11887-9223051178.jpg
and after bath:
11887-6759464005.jpg
I guess I really have to wet down the soil for her, tomorrow will be soon enough.

And I took a picture of me and Imp
11887-147863334.jpg

He's getting more colourful, he's my most colourful beardie :D

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
House hunting now, so soon hopefully.

Cierra............. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: hilarious before and after picture!!! I bet that was a fun bath time!! Do you water there heads? Is it okay to do that? I wonder about their ears etc.

New tank will be long, lower and a little wider. Beast will love it even though she wants to be out all the time!

She is off dubia at the moment and eating a lot of veg instead. Also sleeping at 16:30 again.

Imp is HUGE.......... what a difference. It is almost unbelievable. I cant get over the difference!!!

Saying that I look at pictures of princess and its crazy the difference in size! I can sort of understand peoples reaction when they see her. I think she would scare me if I hadn't had her since a 1 year old or not had one.

I must say I love sitting in the sun with her basking on my bent knee. She opened her mouth yesterday as she was hot. very cute :) Once you gain their trust and love it is the best. It has been a long time now having that but it never gets old! Just looking at her now and she has her legs bent under her with her nose to the glass ahahahahha.

Ah well time to hit the hay.

Talk soon.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Well Cierra laid 30 eggs yesterday, so it was a long afternoon for her. She got her bath, mix, calcium and ate a few crickets but no worms yet. She seems to get very energized after egg laying, she ran around the living room for 3 hours afterwards. With snuggles included, of course.

Imp sure is growing, he feel heavier than last week already, will be glad to weigh & measure him on Sunday. Hard to imagine he'll be 8 months old on June 1!

Castiel went crazy the whole time Cierra was laying eggs, then he went even nuttier when she was running around the living room. He is just one big mass of hormones, that dragon :lol:

Nathaniel didn't seen to care one way or another, but Gabriel got some energy and black beard and bobbed her later in the afternoon. He's usually asleep by then, so she caught all their attention.

I had them all out, still being home. Back to the clinci this am, requesting an xray, just want to know what's going in my chest. We'll see how that goes. I'm hoping to be well enough to be at work on Tuesday, but not going back until I have my energy back.

So that's all that's new, except for their antics, I'm very bored being stuck at home sick. At least I get out on the weekend, I'm taking my youngest nephew Ryder to a movie for his 10th birthday on May 30. Then my dad has his 89th birthday on Monday, so we're all taking him out to a bird reserve close by to his home. So that should be interesting.

I get to see my doc next Thursday but that might not be necessary, I'm waiting to call the doc office to see if there was a cancellation, would rather see him (my regular doc is on vacation) than the clinci doc, so I'll call at 8:30, just to see.

So glad Princess is still enjoying her outside time in the sun and her run around time at home. I hope your find the house you're looking for, it will be so nice to have your own space and your own back yard. You'll have to keep me posted when you find it.

Oh and yes, I put water on their heads, just the back and if they're shedding anywhere on their head/beards, I put water on there by my hand, to solften the shed area. You don't have to worry about their ears, they have the ability to close them up inside to prevent getting water in them.

Well 16:30 is kind of early but what time is she up in the am? Mine are lights on at 6a, but you're right, by about 15:00 or so, they're starting to fade, even though lights stay on until 17:30 and it depends on the day, it started raining last night (yeah, we need it) and is still raining today, so they'll probably be asleep early.

Well, she's a big girl, but no bigger than another of other dragons at her age. People are strange when it comes to dragons, they're never sure if they're going to bite them or not :roll:

And I so agree about gaining their trust, once that's done, the feeling is great with them, no question. They do show love and also like to have their way.

Talk soon!

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ahhh wow look at my super late reply! Do excuse me I didn't notice your post! :shock:

30 eggs!!!!! oh my!!! Would there be 30 babies in a real pregnancy? Castiel :lol: :lol: hahahahahahaha what a man!!

Imp is huge and just wow.

How was the x-ray and the visit to the bird reserve? Both good I hope!

princess is loving her outside time, it is pretty much everyday and now the raining season is on its way so no outside time for 6 weeks! I hate raining season. It is just HOT and raining and HUMID :(

In the bath I put water over her head and yep she closed her eyes and looked very sweet :) She really enjoys a bath now and gently drinks a lot even though I give her water every second day. Still weighing in at 597g and super yellow!! She loves sitting on "her pillow" and watching whats going on but have to give her tank time for the light. Few more months for house I believe and she will have a nice new longer tank as well as a sun spot for her with climbing/basking area like the cat ones we talked about.

Oh and sleep time now is 18:00 getting up at 07:00 - 07:30 also I notice if she runs around in the day she sleeps earlier, I guess that's a normal thing.

Let me know how things are :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I hope you have more outside time before it starts to rain, I can see she really likes to be outside with you. And yeah to getting a house just a few months from now, something to look forward to. Princess will enjoy a bigger than with more running room, she's going to be so spoiled with all the new things you have planned for her!

I've got bronchitis, still home for at least another week to 10 days, has to run it's course. Saw the doc today (my doctor, not the clinic doctor). Antibiotics done on Sunday but have acid reflux because of them so take another med 1/2 before breakfast, once the antibiotics are done won't need that. Use puffer twice a day as well, start that tonight. So just rest, rest and more rest. If I overdo, I'm just so tired.

The birthday part at the bird sanctuary went really well, besides the usual geese and ducks and ducklings, we saw 3 Sandhill Cranes.
11887-1024831171.jpg

Saw other small birds, wrens, blackbirds and the like.

The picnic went very well, they have a nice shaded area with picnic tables and we all brought lots of food. My youngest brother Dave with my 2 nephews picked me up and drove me home, so that was nice, too. All my nieces were there, too, plus my cousin & her daughter, so 11 of us altogether. Here's a pic of my youngest nieces, Carly and Emmy (sisters) and Cole (my oldest nephew, he's noe 6'3" and he'll be 16 in August.
11887-7536265296.jpg
my youngest nephew Ryder, my dad, mom and sis Gail
11887-3417440844.jpg
my other brother Richard, oldest niece Tehya, b-i-l Ian (Gail's husb & Tehya's dad), Jennie and her mom, my cousin Janet
11887-6227667266.jpg
My youngest brother Dave and Ryder
11887-5575792794.jpg

Mama duck and her 18 ducklings (couldn't get them all in the picture)
11887-8068411289.jpg
11887-5089895306.jpg

My dad and his birthday cake, not bad for 89 years old!
11887-6569250156.jpg

I got a good picture of Gabriel, shows off his long nose. I've never seen a dragon built like him, in the 10 years I've been taking care of dragons:
11887-1040275041.jpg
and a cute angle:
11887-8459148071.jpg

And Cierra has gained alot of weight in just over a week, she's looking better and better:
11887-9074226413.jpg
11887-7130879736.jpg

Imp looks weird when he flattens out underneath his UVB light LOL
11887-8332684985.jpg
11887-8371873898.jpg

Nathaniel just went through a bad shed, he's been quiet lately, not even going crazy over Cierra:
11887-785473381.jpg
11887-4349261313.jpg

Castiel is as usual, a nutcase over Cierra LOL. She might be making more eggs...sigh...
11887-5194436978.jpg
11887-8409591745.jpg

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh she is spoilt and she knows it!! I cant help it! She is off her dubia again! It is funny though because her morning routine is me letting her out under her outside light and then I put in her chopped up, washed and dried crisp salad from the crisper!!

She then walks in and eats her salad and do I get a thank you :lol: :lol:

BRONCHITIS :shock: :shock: dammm I hope that clears up quickly!!!!

Bird place sounds like you had a great time! Look at all that family!! WOW I bet it was awesome! Your dad is 89! WOW what an impressive age! I hope he didn't eat all the cake :D

Gabriel has a huge nose :lol: Cierra looks PISSED :lol: IMP :lol: :lol: he has a such a man face now!!! Not cute little baby lizard! hahahah he looks a lot like Tengu actually. That picture of him laying out sexy legging is hilarious!!!!!! And poor Nathaniel, not a lot left but it looks like it was a bad shed. Princess just had a very small shed on her elbows ahahahhahha

I swear she knows I am talking about her, she is giving me the biggest stink eye ever!!! Sometimes when I notice her looking at me and I say something she closes her eyes!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: its like I cant see you so you cant see me!

get well!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yes, I agree, if they close their eyes, you can't see them either, they are so funny :lol:

I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures, I overdid it by going but I couldn't miss by dad's 89th birthday party. He had a blast and so did my mom. And that's not my whole family, some couldn't make it. Altogether we're 23 here & more back east (if I include my son, d-i-l and their kids).

So now I'm on bedrest as much as possible, finish the antibiotics on Sunday, they helped a bit but I have to pick up a puffer tonight at the pharmacy and take that twice a day. I see the doc next Friday to see if I'm ready to go to work, if not I want an xray for sure, to see what's going on.

I like being home but not when I can't do anything. I've cancelled everything this week except chiro tomorrow. And food shopping. Otherwise, I'm not up much, mostly lying down and sleeping. I get the beardies chores done in the am, then rest the rest of the day and change them out. Have to get Nathaniel back in his tank, he's been out longer than he should have, he's probably hiding under the stereo cabinet :roll: Imp can come out tomorrow, or I can get him out now, if he's up, the lights went off 1/2 hr ago.

I'll keep you posted on this stupid bronchitis.

I took a close up of Imp's eyes, well as close as my camera gets, around his eyes is actually a dark blood red but shows up as orangy.
11887-3606415121.jpg

I'll try again when I feel better.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi there

Hows things? I hope the bronchitis is clearing up. Sounds nasty!

Well I logged in and saw the new article about sleeping patterns....... the picture is TENGU!!!!!! LOL I was shocked to see baby Tengu sleeping used for the article.

I mailed Alex to say thank you. My little baby princess made an article :lol: :lol:

Now she is a beast looking for her food because it is normally there for her by now but I ran out so she has to wait and she is not impressed at all!!!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh dear, no yummies for you, Princess Tengu, guess you'll have to take it out on Daddy :lol:

I saw the article, she's so cute! Glad her picture was published and also glad to see that article. I always kind of knew it, but it's good to see it in print.

So Imp is now over 300g, weighed him today and he's 320g and 17 1/4" long. He sure is growing fast, considering he has no dubia to eat, it's crickets and super worms until my colony establishes itself again. There are already babies but it will be a few months before they're big enough for him. Luckily I don't allow adults to be eaten, well only males when they get too many, as they'll fight instead of breading if they get over a certain amount. I cull the males once a year, if I start seeing males with tattered wings, then I know it's time to count them out. It just upsets them when I do this, so don't do it at all often.

Gave them all baths today, found Cierra and Nathaniel's urates are hard as rock again and Castiel hasn't pooped for a few days, so time for them to get daily baths again, at least until I'm back to work. The puffers are already starting to work, but I still get very tired after doing just a few chores or going food shopping, which I did today.

Cierra has gained all her weight back, she's back to 463 after laying those eggs 2 1/2 weeks ago. Now I'm starting to wonder if she's starting eggs again for a 3rd clutch. I sure hope not.

Otherwise, they're in for a disappointment when I got back to work, supposed to be this coming Monday but will depend on what the doc I see on Friday says. I still get very tired, after just food shopping. I want to do so many things, but seems I can mange 1 thing a day and then I'm just wiped. So we'll see about next Monday, maybe I can do 1'2 days for a week, see how that goes. I'll let you know.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Turns out Alex just picked it from the many he has from users uploads and didn't know it was mine LOL but he laughed when he found out it's mine.

Very interesting about the roaches! I have a male the other day as I saw around five of them but I didn't realise to look for signs of fighting so from now one I will do that. I usually feed m size to adult size and never the males. I actually need to add some more as I think there's close to 90 maybe less left. They sure love the jelly! I think the adults chow it down!!!

IMP is huge now !! So awesome considering how ill he was. You are the bearded dragon whisperer! LOL

Yes let me know about what the doctor says.

Princess is watching me after having four dubia. Had a bask and now chillin. She loves watching a ball spinning round LOL funny girl!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Well it's still amazing, out of all the thousands of pictures, he picks Tengu :D

Male dubia only fight when there are too many males for the females. I have 1 male for every 3-4 females and they're fine, never find tattered wings, but if they get higher percentage, that's when the fights start.

I know, Imp is getting bigger every week, but he still looks small to me, compared to the others. He'll catch up, though, he's only 8 mo old, hard to believe so much time has gone by! I'm wondering how big he'll be at a year old. He's already bigger than Nathaniel was at a year, same with Cierra, yet he still looks small to me, strange, right?

I can't seem to get past the fatigue. I went shopping for a few things today, had a 3 hr nap when I got back and the store is 5 min car ride away LOL Hopefully I feel better by the end of the week. I still spend most of the day in bed resting, or on the lazy boy in the living room snoozing....boring as hell, let me tell you. It's one thing to be home because you're on vacation, completely different when you're unwell and recovering. I mean I just got back full time after the surgery...not my best year...sigh...

She wants to keep her eye on daddy, never know when you'll come up with surprises for her :lol:

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yes, quite amazing :) he did do photography so his eye catches the technical side of a photo so I guess that's why.

Thanks for the info on the dubia, good bit of knowledge there.

IMP will be a monster when hes older!! LOL hahahahahhahha

Rest, rest and more rest. yeh, I know what you mean about being at home and being at home ill. its the worst and as soon as you feel 10% better you think you can take on the world and make yourself worse...... well I do :lol: :lol:

Princess has a shedding belly!!!!! I oiled her up this morning :lol: She is watching me as usual. Yesterday she was not impressed because we drove to Mt Fuji Safari park and wow what a place, amazing!!! I could hold a baby lion, play with the ROOS and wallabies as well as drive through the safari area which was great. LOT of pictures taken LOL and we got back around 18:00 and she was not a happy dragon at all!!! Didn't go to sleep until 20:00 as she wanted attention :lol: :lol: she also wants her outside time but its not good weather now so sorry princess!

Get well and talk soon :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow, belly shed, mine are all shedding, too, bits and pieces but Gabriel is shedding the most, beard, back and other bits and pieces. Even Imp is shedding an arm and a strip back of his neck. Cierra is part of her belly and back. Castiel a tiny bit of his back and belly. Nathaniel 3/4 of his beard and a leg. It's crazy but taking their time coming off.

I'm not well enough to go back to work, the puffers seems to be working, I'm breathing better but I'm just exhausted all the time. I take supplements, Vit D, Vit C and Vit B12 and Vit B complex, plus echinachea and a strong probiotic, yet I'm still dizzy and exhausted. So I've requested an xray when I see the doc on Friday as well as blood tests. Taking the puffer means my blood sugar (I'm type 2 diabetic) is 4 points higher in the am than it should be, so have to get a blood test, will go soon, so doc as can results on Friday.

I have being home like this, it's been almost a month already.

I'm just glad my dragons are all doing well. Time to go get Cierra, it's been sunny so they've been all getting outside time. Now it's Imp's turn, but have to stay in living room to keep an eye on him.

Talk soon, glad you enjoyed the Safari and not surprised Princess wasn't pleased, we 're supposed to run on THEIR schedule, not the other way around :lol:

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi there

Hows the shedding fest going? Tengu has a shiny, smooth belly now :lol:

How were all the blood tests? Feeling better?

Yes, the safari park was great :D Princess got over it quite quickly. She has had a few more days in the sun and got a bit cocky the other day and tried to run off!! It is so funny how they change over time! Hated bath time and now loves it and associates it with having a drink and doing her business!

The sun is so good for her I feel. She goes all golden and excited. Eating dubia again now and I got a pretty good shot of her doing it :lol: she didn't seem impressed by the photo opportunity I created for myself, but hey.

As usual shes watching me as I type.

Enjoy the pics!

81643-447561224.jpg

81643-4609411769.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom