Beardie CONSTANTLY glass surfing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladysithdavis

So I have a 10 month old female beardie named Leela. She has been CONSTANTLY glass surfing and bumping her nose against her tank for almost 4 weeks now. She is driving me absolutely nuts to the point we are ready to sell her. Her temperature, humidity, and lighting are perfect. She can't see her reflection. We thought she was gravid and made her a great lay box. We have also tried covering up her tank. Her tank is big enough and we changed nothing in it or her diet. She gets the perfect amount of vitamins and calcium. We take her out all the time and she just keeps doing it. Her colors are perfect as well. No stress marks or black beard. We have tried literally EVERYTHING and don't know what to do with her anymore. Our house is smaller so it is heard really well and is driving us nuts. Please help us and help Leela because we do love her but this is enough

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If your lighting and temperatures are correct, it may just be hormonal due to her age and the season. They tend to act up around that time and during the spring/early summer. I suggest providing a "dragon proofed" area of your house for her to run around in and blow off some energy. Other than that you may need to wait it out. She should calm down on her own after a while. The phase doesn't usually last too long.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
She might want you to get her out too, my Toothless (male (7 months old)) does this when he's
---- pooed and wants it removed
---- sees me getting the crickets ready ( HUNGRY ---- FEED ME !!!! )
---- sees Rex and wants out (horny little bugga !)
---- wants daddy to get him out for a quality time.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Glass surfing is an escape behavior. She wants something (or away from something). If you have pictures or your setup or could go over it in more detail we might have some better suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom