It's Almost Chunky's 2nd Birthday and 1st Gotcha Day!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah, it is what the title says! I'm just so excited, and I need your help. You might think I'm weird, but…. I want to make him a cake! I just need to know if Bearded Dragons can eat flour, and how much sugar is too dangerous for them? The day is in a few days, and I REALLY need to know right now, because I've been putting off posting on this forum about this and now I'm regretting it. So please help me! Do you guys have any recipes?! I'm sure that I'm not the only person that makes their Bearded Dragon a cake on their birthdays and gotcha days….Right? SO what ingredients in a cake are bad for them, and again, call me weird but I don't care, lol. I also need money, and I'm not asking you to help with that, but I need to get him some things and they cost a lot of money, haha. Especially this one thing. Don't tell Chunky I said this, but, I'm going to get him a vibrating food dish!!!! Haha, I'm just really worried about where I'm going to get the money, of course I have money, but I need some extra money and I'm really worried about how to get all of that which is why I'm freaking out about this, I just want this day to be perfect. So don't help me with the money please I'm just telling you everything. Do you think I'm crazy? Haha. I just need to know some foods that are dangerous for Beardies. Thank you SOOOOOOOOOO much!!!

Thanks,

BeardedDragonLover11

<3 <3

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I share your excitement but they won't eat cake. Instead, I'd do something that he enjoys. Some time outside perhaps, or some extra of his favorite bugs. Cooper used to have a favorite bush and on his birthday he would get as much time to play in it as he wanted. Go ahead and make a cake in his honor and eat it yourself though!

1st Birthday:
76248-9779900810.jpg

2nd Birthday:
76248-1537769409.jpg

BeardedDragonLover11

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1pipxa4k said:
I share your excitement but they won't eat cake. Instead, I'd do something that he enjoys. Some time outside perhaps, or some extra of his favorite bugs. Cooper used to have a favorite bush and on his birthday he would get as much time to play in it as he wanted. Go ahead and make a cake in his honor and eat it yourself though!

1st Birthday:
76248-9779900810.jpg

2nd Birthday:
76248-1537769409.jpg

Aww! That's so cute!!!!!!!! I just "Aww!" Whenever I see this post haha. He looks so much like Chunky especially in that second picture, haha. I was going to make two cakes, one for him, and one for me and my family, haha. I might have a party for him, :lol:. I just really want him to know that I love him. I'm going to get him some presents too. But I've been searching online SO much for this, can Bearded Dragons eat flour? I'm just really quite curious, and even if I did make him a cake I know the perfect cake topper, it's something that he loves. (They're Papaya bits for pets, like small animals, etc….) Thanks so much for responding, and good luck to Cooper in Beardie heaven!

Thanks,

BeardedDragonLover11

<3 <3 <3 <3

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'd avoid offering processed foods like flour as it would be pretty unnatural for him. Try making a cake out of some of his favorites. Maybe a "mud pie" of sorts with real worms mixed in with some fruit he likes and some spaghetti squash etc. I'd stick to live bugs and raw foods though. Spoil him with lots of his favorite foods and activities.

BeardedDragonLover11

Original Poster
CooperDragon":ywmwyrey said:
I'd avoid offering processed foods like flour as it would be pretty unnatural for him. Try making a cake out of some of his favorites. Maybe a "mud pie" of sorts with real worms mixed in with some fruit he likes and some spaghetti squash etc. I'd stick to live bugs and raw foods though. Spoil him with lots of his favorite foods and activities.

Okay, thanks. I was just wondering if he would die from it if I fed it to him. There's also wheat flour which I don't know is healthy for him either. But thanks for your input, I will definitely feed/make him something, maybe some mealworm cake, etc.?! Thanks again!

Thanks,

BeardedDragonLover11

<3 <3 <3 <3

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't think he would die from it, as it isn't toxic. He more likely just wouldn't show much (if any) interest in it. Coop didn't really care about his cakes either other than general curiosity. Had to pose him for those photos =).

He got a small lick of pizza once (again just general curiosity) during our "pizza party" and it didn't cause an issue.

76248-2962321122.jpg

BeardedDragonLover11

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3kbdub0d said:
I don't think he would die from it, as it isn't toxic. He more likely just wouldn't show much (if any) interest in it. Coop didn't really care about his cakes either other than general curiosity. Had to pose him for those photos =).

He got a small lick of pizza once (again just general curiosity) during our "pizza party" and it didn't cause an issue.

76248-2962321122.jpg

Okay, thanks. We are going to the store today and I was going to pick some things up, Amazon's being crappy about delivering the vibrating food dish, so I'll probably have to go to the pet store. So flour is bad for them but not toxic? Okay. And that picture is so cute!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks, again!!!!

Thanks,

BeardedDragonLover11

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom