The Energizer Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tehachopi

Forget the bunny Dova is always full of energy all of a sudden. He races back and forth across the room, making a point to tromp across a big strip of styrofoam I now use to know he is once again making another lap around the room. Part of me is considering stashing little bowls of his favorite food around the room before letting him out so he can "hunt". Of course eventually the battery runs out of energy and so does he....in the random corners.

7mKPbTs.jpg

7sGAqrO.jpg

lCna9Fh.jpg

co9z7Vy.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I have a couple of basking lights around the house so he can return to it to warm up when they want to. Works pretty well for when he's on patrol.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Judging from how he's coloured up in those photos, he's having a ball, and is very happy.

He's an explorer .... make sure you keep the room doors (the rooms you want him to stay out of) and the cabinet doors closed .... no deterrent to Rex (our big 3.5 yr old girl) who has a habit of opening kitchen cabinet doors (especially the corner pantry door) and checking out any gap she finds , we've found her under our double bed, behind the corner modular lounge , behind the TV cabinet, in empty boxes (the packing paper rustling sound gave her away) and between the Xmas presents (big pile of them on the floor for the grandson was irresistible to her).

I think you have a smart beardie on your hands .... means you need to keep an eye on him when he's going free range in the house.

I think our little boy (27wks old) Toothless is going to be a crazy beardie when we start giving him regular free-range floor time .... he's already showing how inquisitive he is about everything.

Meanwhile Peppa is more the snugglebug .... just like our big boy Puff was.

Tehachopi

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":16p6oxmp said:
Judging from how he's coloured up in those photos, he's having a ball, and is very happy.

He's an explorer .... make sure you keep the room doors (the rooms you want him to stay out of) and the cabinet doors closed .... no deterrent to Rex (our big 3.5 yr old girl) who has a habit of opening kitchen cabinet doors (especially the corner pantry door) and checking out any gap she finds , we've found her under our double bed, behind the corner modular lounge , behind the TV cabinet, in empty boxes (the packing paper rustling sound gave her away) and between the Xmas presents (big pile of them on the floor for the grandson was irresistible to her).

I think you have a smart beardie on your hands .... means you need to keep an eye on him when he's going free range in the house.

I think our little boy (27wks old) Toothless is going to be a crazy beardie when we start giving him regular free-range floor time .... he's already showing how inquisitive he is about everything.

Meanwhile Peppa is more the snugglebug .... just like our big boy Puff was.

He is a smart one. You are right about that! We keep a baby gate up so he can't leave my bedroom during free roam that at least keeps him contained and away from the dogs. After all he knows how to use the stairs! He'd be anywhere if I just let him roam.

Kinda off topic but does anyone know where I can get a replacement cord hole cap for his tank. It's a Nat Geo tank but as long as it fits I don't care. He is making a habit of getting further out the hole and i don't want him stuck.

anwyn

It could also be his breeding season behavior, too, if it's changed from usual. Mort is currently crazy loon and constantly wanting to be out. (She has free range of the house except one room.) She did this last year too for about a month, also eating a bit less than usual because she just wants to run around. I took her to the vet who basically said she's hormonal. ;) So this year I knew what was happening!

Waiting for her to return to occassional house jaunts with more lazy snuggling.

Tehachopi

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":33gidxr9 said:

Pretty much those but the ones have been able to find are just a tad too small fall out with the lightest touch. I'm really just considering getting some pretty duck tape and taping a bit of screen mesh over the hole to solve the problem.

Unrelated to the hole, I have discovered that if Dova is left alone in a room while running he sits at his gate and waits for someone to come back. Thankfully the most danger he can get into there is failing to climb the box again and fall off...... oh you could just see the hurt ego when that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom