Help, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Kaitlyn...is that leg fatter than the other front leg ? Can you take a pic of it ? The scales look normal , just a bit puffy but a ful shot of it will show more clearly.

CMJHBFantasy

Original Poster
AHBD":1a0hngwi said:
Hi Kaitlyn...is that leg fatter than the other front leg ? Can you take a pic of it ? The scales look normal , just a bit puffy but a ful shot of it will show more clearly.

His arms don't look swollen, but here's a picture he let me pose him for:
87005-7929966384.jpg

ANd here's a couple of the leg with the weird scale thing.
87005-5215959833.jpg

87005-9158567171.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's perfectly normal, nothing to worry about there. He has a little bit of meat on him, that's all. :)

CMJHBFantasy

Original Poster
Ah, well, what I'm concerned about is this weird, loose scale on his front left arm. It seems to be attached, but it can be pushed back, almost like a little flap. It looks like it might be attached to the skin under the scale.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
There doesn't appear to be anything at all wrong with his scales....no trauma,no discoloration [ which itself is not usually a problem even ] nothing that should worry you. Relax + enjoy your beardie, he's O.K. :)

By the way, have you sexed him yourself ? ....just curious.

CMJHBFantasy

Original Poster
I tried, but I also got a collection of other people telling me he's a boy. And the vet I took him to didn't correct what I put for his gender.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If you want to post a pic with him flat on a table and arch the tail high in the air. Think of a dog when it sees another one, how they almost curl their tail over their back.

CMJHBFantasy

Original Poster
AHBD":28u88fue said:
If you want to post a pic with him flat on a table and arch the tail high in the air. Think of a dog when it sees another one, how they almost curl their tail over their back.

87005-2760094530.jpg

87005-3869433752.jpg

Took these this morning.
I'm kinda nervous about holding his tail up, so I hope I did it enough to see.
And I don't know why they uploaded sideways, on my computer they're upright...

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It looks like there MAY be a couple of slight bulges but they're not really apparent from those pics. If you arched the tail back a bit harder that would help. But there's another way to be sure, try this.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=209431

CMJHBFantasy

Original Poster
SO, it turned out that those "weird scales" were just dry skin. They fell off a while ago.
It was weird, though. It looked as if maybe small bits of dry skin dried around the scale, and only just recently started to pop off.
Anyways, he's doing fine.
I still need to try out that flashlight trick, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom