My beardie has blood spots on his foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisb43

My beardie has blood spots on the bottoms of both front feet and they're not going away. I first noticed them after he decided to jump off my shoulder to the ground. After I picked him back up and him on the counter I noticed them. Do you think the fall is what caused it and is it serious? Pics of his feet will be attached. Also on the top of his left foot the scales seem to be disoriented and it seemed to have a greenish color too it. I will attach a picture of this as well along with a pic of the normal foot. He is only 11 months old
86756-2604219211.jpg
86756-4190158155.jpg
86756-5514009511.jpg
86756-4184237709.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Chris....was that the first time you noticed the spots, after he jumped, or is it that you hadn't really looked before ? I've seen a few " sores on feet " threads, not sure what causes them or if the jumping from high up would have anything to do with it. What substrate is he kept on ? Sometimes I wonder if the tile irritates + chafes some beardie's feet.

Chrisb43

Original Poster
I can't say for sure that that weren't there before they jumped but that was definitely the first time I noticed them, after I picked him up off the ground. He is on carpet right now and has been for about a month. Before that he was on alfalfa pellets from the beginning but I took him off because of constipation issues.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I noticed something similar on my guy's feet shortly after he arrived. Looked like they were rubbed a bit raw. He runs around on the carpet in the house a lot so I thought that may be irritating it. I also thought it may be the tile. I put down a small fleece blanket over his tile and his running around the house has calmed down significantly in the past month or two so I'm not sure which fixed it but his feet are fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom