Issues continue, lots of questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodsman

Original Poster
That's probably my phone camera saturation etc... Hot side gets to 107 in the basking spot. Cool side tops out at ~84. It's in the high 70s-low 80s under the hide. Around the basking spot gets into the upper 90s. Temps taken with IR temp gun.

Lovmybeardie

Hatchling Member
How is your little guy this am, I have been following your posts.
I am so sorry you are going this struggle. Again you are doing all you can and I know it's a lot of work. He is so lucky to have you.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, it looks pretty good, it should work for him right now. The temperatures sound good for him, too.
I know you are trying & I am sure he greatly appreciates it. :D I really hope he improves & begins to have a better appetite also.
Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Woodsman

Original Poster
Thanks Drache. Doing my best to minimize things so he has the basics accessible to him. Have to really bring things down to his level since he struggles to walk and can't climb right now.

Lovmybeardie, he's doing as well as one could expect I suppose. His demeanor is really good considering everything going on. He's alert when I approach the tank and seems to manage his heat decently. Since I added the wood it really did encourage him to stay warm longer, but even at the low 1/2" height of his little platform he struggles to get onto it. Very sad :(

Vet gave a timeline of 1-3 months for "noticable" recovery... full recovery may take even longer or never be fully realized. So we're in for a long road ahead. It's ok though, we've bonded through all this... and I've got his back :)

Lovmybeardie

Hatchling Member
Good evening

I am praying for strength for you and you beardie!!

It is just so sweet hearing how much you both have bonded through all this. There are a lot of people who would NOT give all this kind of love and care. Your doing amazing!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You are doing terrific, he is a very lucky little lizard to have you helping him out so much! :D
We all love updates & pictures here so we will look forward to more updates on his progress & hopefully his road to a full recovery. I think you are doing everything that you can to ensure his healing process.

Tracie

Woodsman

Original Poster
I'm trying, and it seems like things are going well... But I saw something today that has me quite concerned... he rolled around the tank as if having a seizure. At first I thought it was just him trying to stand and falling over, but he did 2-3 rolls. Now I'm starting to think Adenovirus might be a very real possibility. I haven't seen that behavior until today. Strangely enough, today was one of his best days overall until then. He ate like a champ, drank in the bath, and was really seeming to get some strength back in his front legs. He was alert all day.

I've been reading way too much on it tonight, has me worried. I'm going to call the vet as soon as I can. I'm not sure what she can do, since she told me blood work wasn't possible for his size. I'll keep you guys posted. Poor guy :(

Woodsman

Original Poster
Just did a quick check on him before bed. He was asleep on his back :( He's still alive, I did flip him back over. He was ok at lights out.. I hope it wasn't another seizure.

Sigh... really worried now.

Lovmybeardie

Hatchling Member
Good morning
Was just reading you last two posts!
How was he this am?
I don't know much about that and I wish I could help you in that area. Did you get ahold of the vet?

Is he having a others symtoms of the virus???

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
So sorry to read this.....just hang in there. I hope it's not ADV....check with Tracie [ Drache613 ] about testing for it.

Woodsman

Original Poster
Lovmybeardie":2hp5n7f0 said:
Good morning
Was just reading you last two posts!
How was he this am?
I don't know much about that and I wish I could help you in that area. Did you get ahold of the vet?

Is he having a others symtoms of the virus???

Well, thinking back, he did have a very upright posture when basking but I don't think it was full-blown stargazing. However, most of the other symptoms match. Inability to articulate his limbs, can't support his weight, no weight gain, no appetite, "fluid" buildup in his abdominal cavity, and now the seizures and "rolling" in his tank. Granted, they've only happened a couple of times. But, I've had him since late March and he's pretty much the same size as when I got him.

I know a lot of issues "mirror" each other as far as symptoms. I guess the only way to know is to test.

Lovmybeardie

Hatchling Member
Ugh that is stressful!

I am hoping there is another way to test for that. Where you able to contact the vet?

I never heard of stargazing till just now.

Woodsman

Original Poster
No real updates. He's the same... can barely move but seems alert and aware.

I'm taking him back to the vet Friday to investigate the Adenovirus possibility, and I suppose we'll go from there. Wish I had more to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom