Female Beardie Laying Eggs? HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. So my girl Spyro is a year old and has been constantly scratching her tile under her basking rock for a solid month or two. She used to do it every now and then but its constant now. Does this mean she is trying to lay eggs? Shes never been the worlds most normal beardie but this seems odd. She has a reptisun 10.0 along with 3 75 watt zoomedd bulbs that keep her cage around 100 and cool side at 85. Basking spot is 110. My trouble is that shes been on tile all her life and i think itd be bad to swap out the tile for loose subtratenso she can dig. Any help would be appreciated! Vets wont give me help unless i bring her in for $70 checkup!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you post a few pics of her and the laybox ? It's O.K if she's just sitting there. BTW, you can cut your temps. down by 5 degrees all across the tank. A high of 100-105 is fine for adults and 80 is better for a cool end.

DylanFreeman

Original Poster
I dont know what to do. My beardie has been nothing but a load of stress from when I got her. I am going to college soon and know my family wont take as good of care of her as I do. I would feel so horrible giving her to someone else. This is all just too much

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's O.K, if she's healthy + needs to lay eggs, she will. They all dig [ most of them ] get pretty frantic + dig like crazy when they're near to egg laying. Just give her a dig box + give it some time. But post some pics if you can.

DylanFreeman

Original Poster
I put a blanket on the floor of her cave that she can dig in. She is not any bigger than normal so maybe she doesnt have any. I just dont know why else she would scratch like she does sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom