PROLAPSE AFTER SURGERY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libbyrhiann

Original Poster
It's been a very hard few days for me with him being my first beardie.

I buried him yesterday, it was heartbreaking.
Me and my uncle are reptile lovers very much. He actually keeps iguanas and chameleons but loved Beardies.

He has offered to buy me a new beardie, I'm not sure how I'm feeling about that. Do you think it's too soon? I feel in two minds because I feel like it may help my hurt. But then I don't want him to think I replaced him :(

What are your thoughts on having a new beardie? I'm thinking if I did I would get an adult one maybe it might be better to get an older, more experienced in the world one.

Thanks for all the support guys.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
I adopted a new beardie 2 days after mine died. Similar circumstances with the prolapsing and multiple vet visits.

It helped me to get a new one. To see the habitat empty every day just made me sadder. To have a new little girl to love helped and didn't hinder the memory and made it more positive. I also named her after the other one in memorium.

Libbyrhiann

Original Poster
I am disinfecting all my viv. Do you guys think it's best to get rid of my logs etc, in case of germs / infections. As I'm getting a new baby tomorrow and want to ensure everything is clean. Thanks again!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's great ! I think you'll enjoy a new dragon, too. :) Is it a larger one or an actual baby ? If you want to sterilize the cage decor, just use hot soapy water with red wine vinegar [ kills about everything ] Or you can clean them + bake them in a 225F oven for 1-2 hours depending on texture [ no plastic, it will melt ] and thickness.

Libbyrhiann

Original Poster
AHBD":317ptk4z said:
That's great ! I think you'll enjoy a new dragon, too. :) Is it a larger one or an actual baby ? If you want to sterilize the cage decor, just use hot soapy water with red wine vinegar [ kills about everything ] Or you can clean them + bake them in a 225F oven for 1-2 hours depending on texture [ no plastic, it will melt ] and thickness.

A baby. 12 weeks old. I have cleaned everything thoroughly. I'm really nervous but excited. It feels a little strange for me but looking at the empty viv is just breaking my heart. I think this will be good for me! I will post a pic of my new baby tomorrow :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sounds good ! A 3 month will be a larger baby, so still has the baby cuteness but not as fragile. :) Do you mind if I ask where you're getting her ? I look forward to seeing her.

Libbyrhiann

Original Poster
AHBD":1q2dkf8i said:
Sounds good ! A 3 month will be a larger baby, so still has the baby cuteness but not as fragile. :) Do you mind if I ask where you're getting her ? I look forward to seeing her.

My uncle is taking me to get her/him so I'm not exactly sure but I'm getting from an experienced bearded dragon breeder :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
What a cute,healthy looking little guy ! I hope he settles in ASAP + becomes a happy member of your family. :) You have this forum for any concerns, so don't hesitate to ask. Remember that there may be a time of relocation stress, so he may not eat quite as much [ some dragons will chow down right away, others not so much ] and be sure that the insects are no longer than the width between his eyes. Best wishes to you + your new boy. :)

Libbyrhiann

Original Poster
AHBD":82aod63t said:
What a cute,healthy looking little guy ! I hope he settles in ASAP + becomes a happy member of your family. :) You have this forum for any concerns, so don't hesitate to ask. Remember that there may be a time of relocation stress, so he may not eat quite as much [ some dragons will chow down right away, others not so much ] and be sure that the insects are no longer than the width between his eyes. Best wishes to you + your new boy. :)

I'm actually very nervous because he's so little, is there any must do's / dont's ?? He's chomped some crickets already and loves his calcium. I'm just worried I've read they can become dehydrated quickly so you should mist them? Is there any tips you could give me? Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom