Dragon Breeding Websites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmwools

Hey, I want to get a beardie (mine just passed away) and I don't want to get one from a pet store. I'm looking for a citrus or an orange dragon. I have looked at DachiuDragons but I want to know if there are any other good breeder websites.

bmwools

Original Poster
Hey,
I want to get another beardie. I don't want one from a pet store. Any ideas of websites that have cool morphs. I've looked I dachiu bearded dragons and kidsanddragons but i was wondering if there are any other cheap-ish websites. I don't want to spend 200 dollars on a beardie.

DaddyGeek

Juvie Member
Dachiu has some of the cheaper prices out there.

You might also check out bloodbank. They run specials from time to time but even then it's still going to run you 150-200.

The reason for that price is that most breeders don't sell until a certain age/length combo, usually 6 weeks and 6 inches. So when you buy a dragon it isn't just the morph you pay for. It's them recouping some expenses for the food, electricity, supplements, etc... Then shipping can run anywhere from 35-50 bucks depending on how they ship so 150-200 shipped is really a good price when you consider all that goes into getting them to a healthy size and age. If that price is just too much then consider checking craigslist and rescuing one.

I know it sounds like it but I'm not trying to lecture you, just explaining why they cost that much from a breeder lol Sometimes people don't realize how much work goes into these little guys. When I was breeding I easily went through 2-4000 crickets per baby before they reached the appropriate age/size. Some were more, some were less. That's an average of 30-50 crix a day per baby, which a healthy beardie can easily put away. At 4.5 months Harley knocks down a salad and 20-30 dubia, 10-15 crix and a couple of either horns or waxworms each day.

I've bought from Dachiu twice and both dragons are amazing. One of them was years ago when I bred myself and he's since been sold but my new girl Harley is from them and she's gorgeous and super healthy. She's about 4.5 months or so now,super chubby and over 14 inches. She eats like a pig and has a fantastic temperament because Dachiu handles all their babies to get them ready for new owners.

46998-942879478.jpg

46998-430973289.jpg

46998-6322688376.jpg

bmwools

Original Poster
Is LLLReptiles a reliable website? I would think so but I want to be sure.

I had a bearded dragon that passed and i have the choice now of either getting a rabbit, or another beardie. I really want a rabbit but I'm leaning towards getting a beardie so I want to have a breeder that i can contact right away. :)

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
bmwools":2dluviw7 said:
Is LLLReptiles a reliable website? I would think so but I want to be sure.

I had a bearded dragon that passed and i have the choice now of either getting a rabbit, or another beardie. I really want a rabbit but I'm leaning towards getting a beardie so I want to have a breeder that i can contact right away. :)
How did you make out with getting a Repti-Sun 10.0 fluorescent tube?

bmwools

Original Poster
How did you make out with getting a Repti-Sun 10.0 fluorescent tube?

I actually never got one. My beardie ended up dying from impaction. I got the wrong size crickets and I believe it may have almost crushed his lungs or something of the sort. I started breathing very heavily and then that breathing turned into slow deep breaths and then just nothing. It was very sad to watch but there was nothing I could do. The closest exotic pet hospital is lie an hour and a half away and he wouldn't have made it anyway. I am going to make sure I will get a better light if I end up getting another beardie.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm sorry to hear about the death of your beardie, that is so sad.

Before you get another one, we would be happy to go over the list of your setup supplies to make sure all is perfect for the next one. ;)

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
There are a lot of hobbiests that breed dragons in most cities. If you want to avoid shipping costs I would check craigslist or nickel ads. You could post a "wanted" ad...I feel its probably your best bet for getting a really nice cheap animal. Home hobbiests usually have an abundance of animals that can be as nice or nicer than a business breeder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom