Medication help please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skellett15

Original Poster
Thanks Tracie,

He's doing much better. Is more alert etc. HOWEVER, still no poop. The vet is sending me out some liquid paraffin, she said it should help him go, have you heard of that before? I gave him a 2 hour bath yesterday in quite warm water and he farted a couple times (which was very funny but never the less!) but no poop! The baby food should be coming out of him plus all the bath water etc. Do you have any tricks that could aid him?

The female's appetite has come back ten fold, she's impossible to keep fed she acts like a hungry puppy all the time! She literally chases ours hands for more food. When we got her in Jan she was 320grams and she is now pushing 450. She looks great :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news your female is doing so well & eating you out of house & home! LOL
She is an eating machine then.
Poor guy, he must be constipated a bit! Yes, I have heard of using liquid paraffin which should work. You can also try some sugar free applesauce, canned pumpkin or pureed prunes mixed with either olive or coconut oil. Just try to keep him hydrated & eventually things will soften up & move through. Letting him run around on the floor or swim some can give him some exercise which can help, too.

Tracie

Skellett15

Original Poster
Well I have great news... he pooped!!

So on Sat I gave him .5mls of paraffin mixed with .5 of warm water, then a half hour later I ran him a deeper than usual bath so he had to swim around. He done the deed and slept all day after it!! Yesterday I let him run around the sitting room, and he done another smaller and runnier poo on the ground, which he has never ever done before, he's usually very clean, so the paraffin must have still been in his system. He also was head bobbing furiously at my female who has been ignoring. And then this morning before work he had 1 locust. Which would seem like practically no food but the past month he has been closing his eyes or running away from food so I was delighted!!

Thank for your help through this, here's hoping he keeps improving, little by little :) :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is excellent news, it sounds like his system is getting cleaned out. :D It just takes time but it does sound like he is feeling better if he had the energy to bob at your female & eat a locust!
I am glad to hear he is steadily improving then! I think he will be just fine now, once he starts eating his normal amount again, too.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom